Blitz

It should have been a good day. It should have been another day celebrating world peace. The whole of Vale should have been celebrating The talk should have been about the final rounds of the Vytal Tournament.

But they were not. People were not flocking to the grounds in the same numbers. The news coverage was not on the tournament. It was on the terrorist attack at Junior's Night Club. The White Fang, the one that was supposed to be crippled after a joint strike with Atlas and Beacon forces captured Roman Torchwick foiled a would be attack on Vale, had just taken patrons of a club hostage.

The news nor citizens cared about the fact that it was foiled once again. What mattered was that they thought they were free and safe in celebration. But if the White Fang was still attacking, more brazenly too, then how could they trust Vale and Atlas to actually keep them safe?

For this, Ruby woke up feeling a little down. For her, her team, JNPR and Azur Lane, this more personal. No, what was it called again? Yeah. It was a blow to their professional pride. They went through that underground tomb and the terrorists were still active? Worse still, Cinder and her followers were still out there.

She found she was not the only one who shared this somber mood. The cafeteria atmosphere remained abuzz with chatter, but it was on a different subject. The speculation of who would win the tournament had shifted over to whether there would be more attacks by the White Fang. Worse still, Ruby heard whispers of increased Grimm activity outside of Vale.

"Commander?"

Ruby finally noticed Enterprise after so long being stuck in her own thoughts.

"Do we know what exactly happened from the Royal Navy?" She asked the woman.

"What transpired more or less correlates with what you heard in summary last night Commander." Belfast approached the table, coffee in each hand. "The White Fang managed to infiltrate Junior's Club and take hostages. Thanks to Mister Wukong and Mister Vasillas, we were given more details and mounted a successful rescue. Torchwick's close associate was among them."

"So you stopped them." Ruby said, hoping something good could be pulled from last night.

"Yes, but their goal has been achieved. The spirit of the Vytal Festival, of peace and unity, has been disrupted." Belfast corrected her.

"Do you think they'll do it again?" Ruby asked the pair.

"It's not a matter of if, Commander, but when." Enterprise answered. "To that end, I suggest we start a more active patrol of the grounds and Vale so we can respond quickly."

"Do it." Ruby said. "And it would better if we stopped it instead of responding to it."

.....

Jaune could tell the mood had changed. On the surface, the fairgrounds were pleasant. However, he noticed people glancing around repeatedly as if trying to spot something hostile. It did not help that the White Fang hostage crisis was all over the news. The fact that it was stopped did not help. The news anchors were all about speculation. Speculation about who actually stopped them, why there were dead terrorists, if more attacks would happen, whether or not the Vytal Festival was safe and could they trust the officials to protect them.

Still as they say, the show must go on. So Jaune was seated in the student participant section of the Amity Arena about to watch the match between his team partner and Penny. He was not sure what had Pyrrha down for a while or what Amagi had said to her, but she seemed to have gotten out of that funk. Just as well as there she was facing down her opponent now.

"Sal-u-tations, Pyrrha Nikos! It's an honor to finally meet you!" The girl greeted her.

"Likewise." Pyrrha replied, keeping herself ready.