Strategem

Shortly after the meeting with Ozpin and Ironwood, Enterprise and Amagi found the rest of their friends in the library. One would assume that if they were there, then it would be for the purpose of studying. That may have been true for the likes of Ren and Takao, but it was not the case for the others.

Yorktown was busy elsewhere accompanying Laffey and Ayanami. Hornet had found a spot near the windows and slept with her hat tipped over her face. Enterprise, Helena and Cleveland were watching Team RWBY as they were playing a board game known simply as Remnant: The Game. From what Cleveland could surmise behind Yang, it was a mixture of Risk and Yugioh that they had back home.

Ruby and Yang were in intense focus on the game. Weiss was at a loss, unsure of how to play this game at all. The closest game to this she had played was chess, mostly in the attempts of her father to groom her for her heiress role. Blake's mind was somewhere else, staring off into space. The silent tension was first broken by Ruby.

"Yang Xiao Long, prepare your kingdom for battle!" She declared.

"Bring it on!" Yang balled an arm into a fist while smacking the table with the connected elbow.

Ruby got to her feet to play her card in an exaggerated manner.

"I deploy the Atlesian Airfleet!"

Yang dramatically gasped in horror, along with Cleveland.

"Looks like I get to fly right over your Ursai and attack your walls directly!" Ruby floated before she made noises akin to an air strike, earning raised eyebrows from Helena and Enterprise.

Yang gasped again. "You fiend!"

"And since Atlas is part of Mantle, my repair time is only one turn." Ruby had ducked to where her head was just above the table. But she showed her own surprise when she found Yang and Cleveland snickering together.

"Pretty sneaky, sis, but you just activated my trap card!"

"Whaaat?!"

"Giant Nevermore!" Yang slammed the card onto the table before she elaborated like it was a show about a children's card game. "If I roll a seven or higher, fatal feathers will slice your fleet in two!"

"But, if you roll a six or lower, the Nevermore will turn on your own forces!" Ruby pointed out.

"That's just a chance I'm willing to take." Yang declared. Then she rolled the dice. One side showed four, and the other was a three. A seven. Yang and Cleveland whooped in triumph.

"Nooooooo!" Ruby cried. "My fearless soldiers!"

"Never underestimate air power, Commander." Enterprise said to the reaper.

"Besides, most of them were probably androids." Yang added.

"Goodbye my friends. You will be avenged!" Ruby vowed.

"Not until I draw my rewards! Which are double this round thanks to the Mistral Trade Route!" Her sister said.

"Bah!"

"Oh, and what's this? The Smugglers of Wind Path?"

"Bah! Bah I say!" Ruby replied indignantly.

"I say, it looks like I'm taking two cards in my hand!" Yang gloated.

"Have you no heart?!" Ruby moaned.

"This is sounding like Midway and the aftermath now that I think about it." Enterprise muttered.

As for Team JNPR and Sakura, Ren, Takao and Kaga were the truly studious ones. Nora was sleeping, and Kaga had to make a point of finding a different spot for the girl was trying to snuggle her tails muttering "So fluffy....". This was serving to amuse Atago before she finally took the hint from Kaga's glares and took Nora into her embrace.