Reconfigure

It turns out the rest General Ironwood told them to get was more like a power nap in the crew's quarters. No, RWBY and JNPR and the senior leaders of Azur Lane had to be dragged out to be debriefed by Ozpin and the Vale Council. Once that part was done, they were dropped back off at Beacon Academy. Ruby herself was feeling quite sympathetic to Laffey's drowsiness by now.

In the meantime, the adults were still in discussion over the results.

"Ozpin, this is a lot to take in. Women capable of wielding a warship's power....."

"But they were instrumental in preventing a terrorist attack." Another council member pointed out.

"Yes. Still, this affair raises serious concerns about the security of Vale and the Vytal Festival."

"What do you suggest, Council Members?" James asked.

"Your fleet may stay on as additional security, General. My recommendation is to request Azur Lane to remain in Vale for the Vytal Festival. That said, I'd also request that their identities remain confidential from the public for now. Agreed?"

"Aye."

"Aye."

"Very well. From my understanding, the only remaining Azur Lane group not yet present is Ironblood, and they're due to arrive soon. I shall inform them or your requests." Ozpin conceded. He felt relief. His gambit of working with Ironwood and Azur Lane had paid off. Had he not, initial analysis from debriefing suggested that the White Fang would open a path to Vale for the Grimm using the abandoned subway. An attack from below would cause chaos and panic, which in turn cause a massive Grimm attack from the surface. Even in the lens of terrorism, the attack would not do much in furthering political goals, unless the goal was to just cause trouble and draw the ire of everyone else. Thankfully, the master mind's plans had been thwarted.

Still, this did not mean this shadow conflict was over. Cinder Fall was still missing along with her associates. The White Fang cell was still out there. Although it was clear that their intentions were to sow terror, he feared it was all in the name of a key item in this chess game.

Vale Slums

Cinder was absolutely livid. Everything seemed to be going well. Infiltrate Beacon with a fake identity courtesy of Lionheart. Plant the virus in the CCT to gain accessibility to everything from communications and maybe even the Atlesian Military network. Launch a subterranean terrorist attack to scare Vale into getting Atlesian protection while causing general fear. Rig the tournament in such a way to cause negativity and subsequent chaos from the Grimm attack. And in the confusion, get in there and complete her entitled right to be a Maiden, possibly secure the relic and kill Ozpin.

But a meddling group of girls had intervened and ruined her nefarious plans! That dual wielding girl with the weird accent had sniffed her out. Okay, that was a problem but they could still do the electronic aspect. Then she found out that not only had they done that, they had found the White Fang and completely foiled the attack, not to mention the security risk Roman's capture implied.

If she could so without sabotaging herself, she would incinerate Mercury for the smug looks he was giving her. And if Watts got wind of this, she would never hear the end of it. The assassin spawn was absolutely gloating over the fact that he knew something was off from the start. One thing was for certain: For ruining her plans, Amagi, team RWBY, JNPR and those other military women would pay with their lives. And she would start by correcting her mistake in her assessment of this Amagi.

But for now, it was a matter of dealing with the current problem.

"I will not deal with you further." Adam Taurus growled. "Half of our people have been wiped out by the Atlas raid! A raid caused by your carelessness!"