Search

Within a few hours, the joint operation was planned out. Team RWBY and the Eagle Union would be dispatched to Mountain Glenn to investigate White Fang activity and then shut them down when they were done with reconnaissance. Team JNPR and the Sakura Empire would be in one of the few villages closer to the south east region than Beacon was. Their role was to provide support once signaled to do so. The Royal Navy and the Atlesian military would be on standby in case something went awry. The addition from Ozpin was to have a teacher with them so as to disguise the nature of their mission. And as fortune would have it, the students were meant to go on such excursions that day, thus making the whole thing seem believable. And which teacher did team RWBY get, to their shock?

"Why hello girls! Who's ready to fight for their lives?" Professor Oobleck said to them, clad in a trenchcoat, carrying a camping backpack and wearing a safari hat to top it off.

"Professor Oobleck?" Weiss voiced.

"Yes, I'm afraid those bags won't be necessary, girls, seeing as you're part of what is now essentially a search and destroy mission. I can assure you, we will not be establishing a single base of operations; rather, we will be traversing several miles of hazardous wasteland and making camp in any defendable locations we may stumble upon. I packed all of our essentials myself including the ship girls, plotted our air course, and readied the airship. And..."

Oobleck zeroed in on Weiss after his rapid speech. "It's Doctor Oobleck. I didn't earn my PHD for fun, thank you very much!"

"Uh...." Weiss was at a loss as Oobleck backed away and continued.

"I'm certainly eager to work with Eagle Union and learn your history. Nonetheless, there's a job to be done. Come now, children; according to my schedule, we are already three minutes behind.....schedule!" The hyperactive professor zipped back to the Bullhead.

"Well, alright, then! Looks like we're going to save the world with Doctor Oooobleck- okay yeah when you say it out loud it sounds worse." Ruby said as her enthusiasm dropped to zero.

"How about saving the world with a professional Huntsman?" Cleveland suggested, trying to help her Commander.

"Still doesn't sound good." Ruby replied.

"At least you'll see some action!" Nora voiced from behind them, accompanied by JNPR and Sakura. "We're supposed to 'shadow' Professor Port of all people!"

"And when team RWBY finds Torchwick or the White Fang, we come in." Jaune finished confidently. Ruby could observe slightly different reactions from his associates. Takao, Kaga and Ren nodded to the sentiment. The remaining females smiled in his direction, though Ruby noted Amagi having a similar expression to Pyrrha. Akagi in particular could not stop staring at him period. She was weird about him.

"We'll try to save a few of them for you." Yang teased. Blake, Amagi and the senior Eagle Union ship girls frowned. The targets were not soulless Grimm. They were people. Such grim tasks should not have been spoken of lightly.

"Don't sweat it! You can party with us tonight." Neptune approached the group with Sun. "We're shadowing a crime specialist. All inner city stuff. We get junior detective badges."

Neptune smirked charmingly towards the Sakura women.

"Drinks for the girls is on me tonight." He winked. They were subtle about it, but none of them seemed too impressed with the boy. Akagi, so fixated on Jaune, it did not seem to register. Kaga and Takao's stoic expressions gave away nothing. Amagi and Atago smiled politely.

"We appreciate the offer, but it is up to Shikikan." Amagi replied.

"Shi-what?" Sun voiced the boys's confusion.