52.

Seokmin looked into Seungcheol's eyes, desperate to know what he was saying.

Seungcheol: I waited for you. I waited for you, for my friend to come.

Seungcheol pushed Seokmin away from him. Tears rolled out of the King's eyes.

Seungcheol: But after so many years when he came, he came with hatred towards me. Revenge, greed, and power were the things he could see.

Seungcheol: The guy I saw that day in my palace wasn't the Seokmin I know. That spoken who used to smile with me, play with me.

Seokmin: Stop! When my mom died, you never came to see me. I needed, your support, but you didn't come. My happiness was you when I was a kid. But you took yourself away from me. I thought I might be happy again if I became powerful and have my love by my side. But you took it away.

Seokmin: I want Y/n and I will get her!

Seungcheol: You are being greedy, Seokmin.

Seokmin: I am not greedy. Greedy are the ones who want more. But I got nothing.

Seungcheol: Stop it, Seokmin. Don't make me kill you.

Seokmin: *smirks* Then kill me. I am the one who caused the war. I am the one who is responsible for thousands of deaths.

Seungcheol moved his sword in the air and attacked Seokmin. Seungcheol was about to hit Seokmin but suddenly a strong force stopped his attack.

Seungcheol's eyes widened when he saw you blocking his sword.

Seungcheol: What are you doing? Y/n?!

Y/n: Don't kill your friend, Seungcheol!

-Seokmin looked at you in amusement, his heart pounded so loudly in his rib cage for the first time.

Y/n: He's not guilty alone, seungcheol Everyone caused this war.

Seungcheol: Y/n, move away from my way!

Y/n: No, I won't!

-You pushed his sword away from Seokmin.

Seungcheol: Why are you protecting him?!

Y/n: Please, don't ruin your friendship. I know you won't forgive yourself for your whole life if you kill Seokmin. He still has those sketches of you and him.

-Seungcheol hung his sword down and stared at you in disbelief and shock.

You turned around and looked at Seokmin's shocked face.

Y/n: You were right. Maybe we couldn't get together, but we could walk like two parallel lines together. There's no happiness in power, spoken.

Seokmin: *smirks* You think happiness is in love? Love is a kind of spell, which gives you nothing but pain and destruction.

Seokmin looked at Seungcheol with a cold stare.

Seokmin: I already told you, Y/n. There should be an end for me before I completely tore you both apart.

Seungcheol pulled you towards himself and raised his sword against Seokmin.

Seungcheol: I will never let you have her.

Seokmin: *smirks* Time will tell everything, my friend.

Seungcheol: I want you out of my kingdom, Seokmin.

Y/n: seungcheol

Seungcheol: Don't stop me, Y/n. He has a venom in his blood called greed.

Seokmin: *scoffs* You will never defeat me, seungcheol. I already told you, that even though the victory is yours, the game was mine.

Seokmin: I got it what I wanted.

-He looked at Rebbeca's dead body and the Daegu's half armies dead on the ground.

Seokmin: Except one thing.

-Seokmin glanced at you.

Seokmin: And I will get it, no matter what.

Seungcheol held your hand and smirked.

Seungcheol: You'll never get her.

Seungcheol started to make his steps toward the palace with you leaving Seokmin alone on the battlefield.

(2 weeks later)

(junhui's house, Daejeon)

Mingyu looked at Hara who was cooking lunch in the kitchen.

His gaze went towards the little soul who was watching him while hiding behind the tree. Mingyu took out his bracelet which was the gift for his unborn baby. Mingyu waved at the small kid to come near him and in surprise, she slowly started to walk near him.

Mingyu: This is for you.

-He said while tying it around her small wrist.

Miri smiled brightly and caressed the golden bracelet.

Miri: You came from the palace?

Mingyu: Yes.

Miri: Do you know where my Appa is

Junhui: Miri?! Go and play!

-Miri pouted and went away from them.

Junhui let out a sigh and sat near Mingyu.

Junhui: I am sorry. Miri is always a desperate child to see her father.

Mingyu: *sighs* I know.

Junhui: When are you planning to go back to Daegu?

Mingyu: I guess, I should settle somewhere here. Daejeon is not bad.

Junhui :*chuckled* You should.

-Miri suddenly came running towards Mingyu with a small flower in her hand.

Miri: Thanks for the gift, Meanie. This is my gift to you.

-Mingyu smiled and took flowers from her hand.

Mingyu looked at Junhui's smiling face.

Mingyu: It is my fault that Bumzu died

Junhui: Don't blame yourself. We should not mourn the things that happened in the past.

Mingyu: But Miri will never see her father in her life.

Junhui:*sighs* She will soon get a new father. Hara will marry someone in the future

Mingyu: Let me marry her, junhui.

-Junhui looked at Mingyu in shock.

Junhui: W-what?

Mingyu: The pieces of the puzzles shattered by my small mistake. Now I want the lost pieces to get together, Junhui.

A tear left from Junhui's eye. Junhui hugged Mingyu as his emotions burst into his heart at the time.

Junhui: T-thanks, mingyu.

***

Jisoo came into his brother's room and saw him sitting on the bed, staring at the ceiling.

Jisoo: You should eat something, Jeong Han.

Jeonghan: Leave me, alone.

Jisoo went near him and sat beside him.

Jeonghan: How does it feel to be a King, Jisoo?

Jisoo: *smiles* It's exhausting.

Jeonghan: Why aren't you punishing me for my karma, Jisoo? I killed bum-

Jisoo: You already got your punishment, Jeong Han. You've been through a lot and you lost your love.

Jisoo: Everyone should have a second chance. Come and have a lunch with me.

-Jeonghan got up and faced his brother and smiled.

****************************************************