13.

You slowly opened your eyes to find yourself on the warm sheets. You reluctantly uncovered yourself from the slumbers and blinked as the ray of sunshine penetrated through the huge window which made you blind.

Your eyes widened as the realization of your being in the King's room hit your sleepy head. A click sound of the door closing made you turn your head and saw the King coming out of the bathroom as usual buttoning his sark.

You try to get up but the throbbing pain in your abdomen makes you remain on the mattress. The King turned around you and raised his eyebrows.

Seungcheol: How are you feeling today?

-You just nodded your head while looking down in embarrassment.

Your heart pounded vigorously in your chest when you remembered yesterday's events.

Y/n: T-thank you

Seungcheol: No need for gratitude.

"Why did he let me sleep here?" Where did he sleep last night? Next to me? Why did he save me? What was the precious thing he was talking about? Why does he hate me?"

-Many thoughts bombarded in your mind.

Y/n: W-why?

Seungcheol: Because I own you.

Y/n: *frowns* I am not a toy-

-You went silent when he started to walk towards you.

He leaned closer toward you, his sharp gaze falling onto your shocked eyes.

Seungcheol: I don't like to repeat things. It's simple. I own you. Nobody should get closer to you. Otherwise, they might face consequences, dove.

A slight knock on the door was heard making Seungcheol move away from you.

Seungcheol: Come in.

Seungkwan: Your majesty, Queen Yuna is calling you for breakfast.

Seungcheol: I'll be there in a few moments.

Seungcheol: seungkwan!

-Seungcheol stopped Seungkwan who was about to exit his room.

Seungkwan: Yes, your majesty?

Seungcheol: If the news of Y/n being in my room spread across the palace, I might punish you.

Seungkwan: Don't worry, your highness! I won't tell anybody.

-he said while bowing towards him.

Seungcheol: I am going, to look after her.

-Seungcheol ordered Seungkwan before going out of his chamber.

Seungkwan quickly ran towards you and sat next to you.

Seungkwan: Oh my god! He cares for you.

He started squealing

(Y/n P.O.V)

God knows why but my stomach was swarmed with butterflies.

Seungkwan: Ummm....can you still go to work?

-he asked hesitantly

Seungkwan: We have to prepare a heavy meal for guests.

Y/n: Guests?

Seungkwan: Yes. I told you yesterday. Y/n. Today is mate courting and the Queen has called the princes and princesses of Busan.

-An unsettling feeling sat across my heart which filled me with dread.

Seungkwan: Umm... Is it true that your father rejected one of the princes of Busan who wanted to marry you and engaged you with that old man?

Y/n: Y-yeah. We had a water crisis in our kingdom so-

Seungkwan: *sigh* So you just sacrificed yourself for your kingdom?

Seungkwan: You should think of yourself, Y/n. If you had married the prince of Busan then you wouldn't have ended up here.

Y/n: B-but my father personally doesn't like Busan.

Seungkwan: *sigh* Should we go? It's getting late.

Y/n: Okay.

(A/n P.O.V)

The atmosphere in the dining hall was dense filled with the noise of their forks & knives. The King kept his stares at his plate not wanting to look at any of his family members.

Rebbeca averted her hazel eyes towards his son. She cleared her throat before speaking.

Rebbeca: The princes of Busan will arrive with their sister for the court mating-

Seungcheol: Who told you to invite them, Queen?

-He said with his cold voice.

She closed her eyes, controlling her expressions full of fury.

Rebbeca: You're a King, seungcheol. The empty throne of the Queen beside you shouldn't be empty for a long time.

Rebbeca: You need a Queen.

Seungcheol: I don't concur with this term, Queen.

-Rebbeca looked at Yuna eyeing her to explain his son.

Yuna: Seungcheol-ah, if you don't present yourself in the court mating then it would be disrespectful to Busan. I don't say that you should agree to marry her but at least you should meet her and listen to their terms.

Seungcheol looked at his stepmother while thinking wisely.

Seungcheol: Okay, ma. As you say so. But the decision that I would make in the court will be final.

Yuna: Okay, son.

-Rebbeca clutched her fist as she couldn't handle the bond between his son and Yuna.

****************************************************