6.

Seungkwan: You might be sleepy. You should rest for now and I will tour you around tomorrow. King is a little bit rude but he isn't hard to handle. I have been his servant for a few months.

You knew Seungkwan was just making you feel a little better. He is easy to handle if you go as per his order. You just nodded your head.

Seungkwan: I'll take you to your room. King's chamber is at the top level. So it's hard to bring him his breakfast or lunch if he wants to eat it in his room. Usually, the King eats his meal with the royal family.

He said cutely and gave me a small smile

Seungkwan: This palace has six levels. There are many servants in this palace. I guess King will make you stay on the sixth floor where his chamber is.

Seungkwan: Prince Soonyoung's chamber is on the fifth floor. Avoid that floor...he is not so good in person

Y/n: soonyoung?

Seungkwan: Yes, stepbrother of King Seungcheol. He's not related to Choi's family. His mother, Queen Yuna, married Kim-soo when she was pregnant with Soonyoung. Her husband was accidentally killed by King Kim-soo, so in sympathy King married Queen Yuna and raised prince soonyoung as his son.

You slightly nodded. He's a very talkative guy, So it was less awkward for you to have a conversation.

Talking with him was fun and you didn't even realize that you both already reached the room.

Seungkwan: So this is your room.

-he said while plopping himself on the cottage.

Seungkwan: Look at the window opening.

-You followed his gaze and saw a small window situated high on the wall near the edge of the ceiling.

Seungkwan: That window connects you to the King's room. King's room is adjacent to yours. So, whenever he calls for you, you can easily hear it through that small opening. Don't try to peep through it, otherwise, I don't know what will happen.

he further continued after getting a small nod from you.

Seungkwan: Whenever...you hear some sounds- you know..some- weird sounds from the King's room then immediately leave this room and come to mine.

Seungkwan: He never brings someone into his room. But as he is the king now...I don't know. Soon he will have his queen and he might shift you to another room-

Y/n: You're going further, seungkwan.

Seungkwan: *awkward laugh* am I? At least you spoke something. King is not in his room right now and it's pretty late so you should sleep now. But be alert. When he calls for you, you've to run towards his chamber for his service.

You again nodded your head and saw him going out of the room. You locked the door and sat on the cottage, letting out a long sigh. Your feet were numb making you let out a small groan.

You lay on the mattress, and finally something soft underneath you. At least you could sleep peacefully, tonight. Your eyes immediately closed, drifting into the dreamland of your happy past life.

(Y/n P.O.V)

You slowly opened your eyes when you heard some noises coming from the distance. You were wide awake now when you realized it was not the noises....but the screams.

You slowly got up and made your steps towards the door and opened it.

Your heart beats speed up when you hear the voice again, coming from the dark passage.

Y/n: W-what are those screams?

As further steps you made, the screams got louder. Your heart was telling you to go and stop those screams. The guy is in pain, But- you know. It was too risky to go further.

You stopped yourself when the screams were stopped. You narrowed your eyes and saw a dark shadow from the distance coming towards you.

Y/n: Oh my god, someone is coming here.

You quickly turned around but were frozen when you heard the steps coming from the other side. You were now fucked up.

Y/n: Oh God! I am dead now.

Suddenly you felt a tight grip on your waist, pulling you in a different direction. You were about to scream but a huge hand grabbed your mouth which made you seal your lips.

The strong force dragged you into the secret tunnel and pushed you against the wall, your back pressing against the rough wall. You tried to escape through his grip but he already had locked your arms in his.

You opened your eyes and looked at the guy. Your eyes widened when your gaze met with his dark ones.

Soon young: What the fuck you're doing here?

He said while directly glaring at me

Soonyoung: It's dangerous to stay out in this palace for a pretty lady like you.

-He said with a whisper sending you the chills down to your spine.

Soonyoung: I wanted to meet you, princess. But didn't expect to meet like this. So, what were you doing here, Princess?

I tried to take my hand out of his grip but he didn't let it go.

Y/n: Prince S-soonyoung, my hand?

His dark smouldering eyes didn't leave my face. My heart was beating very hard against my rib cage.

The footsteps from outside slowly faded away.

Y/n: P-prince?

Soonyoung: What were you doing here?

Y/n: I heard screams from the distance. I thought someone needed help-

Soonyoung: Never follow those screams.

-He hissed with a warning tone.

Y/n: B-but why-

Soonyoung: You don't need to know. This ain't your palace!

-He loosened the grip from my arms and moved back.

Y/n: O-okay.

-I mentally slapped myself as this was my fifth time stuttering in front of him.

I bowed towards him and was ready to leave until he stopped me.

Soonyoung: Did I tell you to go, princess?

Y/n: Do you need something, majesty?

-A small smirk appeared on his lips and approached me.

****************************************************