8.

(A/n P.O.V)

Everybody stood up from their seat when the King entered followed by you. He looked around and saw one of the seats was empty.

Seungcheol: Where is Soonyoung?

-The royals tensed up when the king asked about the prince.

Queen Yuna, his stepmother, bowed toward Seungcheol.

Yuna: He is not feeling well. He needs some rest, my lord.

Seungcheol nodded his head and took his head seat. Seungcheol knew that this was a lame excuse made by Queen Yuna but still, he obliged.

Seungcheol: Don't be so formal, ma. Before being King, I was your son first.

-He said while eating his breakfast not even glancing at Yuna.

Queen Yuna smiled and looked at the frustrated Rebbeca. Seungcheol was sure cold to his family but still, he didn't forget about the sacrifices made by his stepmom for him.

Queen shrugged it off and looked at his son.

Rebbeca: Seungcheol, we have some visitors from Japan.

-Seungcheol hummed in response, he stared still at his plate which made her trigger.

Rebbeca glanced at you and clenched her jaws. You could feel her anger from the distance.
Why she has so much hatred for you?

Rebbeca: I was thinking about rearranging your room-

Seungcheol: Y/n, will do it.

Queen again glanced at you with anger.
Seungcheol wiped his mouth with the tissue.
He got up from his seat and finally glanced at his mother.

Seungcheol: I'm going for a survey of the Daegu border.
If you need something kindly call Prince Soonyoung in my absence. I hope he will help you.

-Seungcheol walked out of the dining room.

(Time skips)

You sat on the chair letting out a tired sigh. The sun was slowly sinking deep down making the sky look beautiful. You looked at Seungkwan who was cutting some fruits.

Seungkwan looked around and saw the other maids engaged in their work. He scooted close to you and brought a piece of apple in front of you.

Seungkwan: Hey, eat it.

he whispered slowly.

Y/n: But that's for Queen Rebbeca.

Seungkwan just chuckled and said

Seungkwan: Eating one piece will not hurt anyone. Just take it.

-You hesitantly obliged and ate the small piece.

Seungkwan: I'll go and give this to the queen.

-he got up with the salver full of chopped fruits.

Your stares again went out the window thinking about the scream you heard last night.

Y/n: Where is the prison of this palace? I need to find out.

Your stares suddenly ripped off from the sunset and fell on Seungkwan who was on the floor.

The other servants rushed towards him and you did the same.

Y/n: Are you okay?

-You took the salver from his hands.

Seungkwan: Ah! My ankle is stiff-Ugh.

-he had painful inflammation in his ankle with stiffness in his joint.

Y/n: Somebody brings the hot water.

-You said with your loud voice making one of the servants run towards the stove to heat the water.

Seungkwan: Y/n, can you go and give those fruits to the Queen? She will be angry if her food isn't on time.

Y/n: Alright. I will go.

The Queen heard a slight knock on the door.

Rebbeca: Come in.

Her eyebrows raised together when she saw his son's servant in her room.

Rebbeca: Where is Seungkwan?

Y/n: Your Highness, he had some inflammation in his leg. So I came instead of him.

She let out a smirk when she saw the princess of Daejeon being all polite in front of her.

Rebbeca: Bring it here.

-You slowly made your steps towards her.

You kept the plate beside her and were about to leave her room when she stopped you.

Rebbeca: Ah~ my legs are aching, princess. Will you mind massaging it for some time, princess?

-She exaggerated the princess word making you glare at her.

Rebbeca: You still have a royal attitude? Huh? Glaring at the Queen. Do you know what consequences you might face if you stick to your attitude?

-She said while biting on the piece of apple.

She rested her legs on the bed.

Rebbeca: C'mon massage it.

-Controlling your anger you slowly massaged her feet.

Rebbeca: Y/n-ah you should sit down. You have been doing the work since morning.

Y/n: I am okay standing-

-The queen grabbed your shoulder and pushed you down making you kneel.

Rebbeca: Perfect.

-She whispered.

Now your anger was on the peak. How could she be so evil? The queen hissed in pain when you unknowingly squeezed her leg.

Rebbeca: Yeah! Don't you know how to massage?!

You quickly pulled away your hands from her and looked innocently at her.

Y/n: I am sorry, Queen. It's my first time massaging someone with weak muscles.

-You internally smirked when you saw some irritation on her face.

Rebbeca looked away from you while rolling her eyes. Her gaze went to the scroll and raised one of her eyebrows planning something evil. She got up from the bed and took that scroll in her hand.

Rebbeca: Y/n, can you deliver this scroll to Wonwoo? He might be on the 5th floor.

-She said while handing you this scroll.

You hesitantly took it and bowed towards her before exiting from her room.

Rebbeca: This girl is getting on my nerves. I should plan for her execution.

****************************************************