27.

(Next day)

(Y/n P.O.V)

I made my steps towards soonyoung's room with the tray of breakfast in my hand.

Y/n: Why did they held my brother locked for years in prison?

Y/n: I need my answers and he is the one who will tell me.

Soonyoung: Did hyung ask about any incident happened in prison?

-soonyoung asked me as soon as I entered in his room.

Y/n: No. He didn't mention about it.

Soonyoung *sigh* Good for you.

I kept his breakfast beside him and sat infront of him.

Y/n: Why did you save me?

Soonyoung: I don't know. Y/n, I know you are here to ask me questions and I am not answering you.

Y/n: But why?

-soonyoung glanced in my desperate eyes. He lowered his gaze on his breakfast and let out a loud sigh.

Y/n: What were you doing in the prison?

Soonyoung: I came there to meet my elder brother. He has mental illness and he is held in one of the posh cells as he is getting out of our control.

Soonyoung: I knew that anonymous lady is you, Y/n!

He whispered slowly.

Y/n: B-but why did you save me?

Soonyoung: So was I supposed to let those guards catch you and reveal that you only came here to rescue your brother?

Soonyoung leaned closer towards me and grabbed my shoulders.

Soonyoung: You did a great mistake coming here, Y/n. If Hyung gets to know about it, he will kill you.

Y/n: But he is my brother, soonyoung.

Soonyoung: Y'know why he is in the prison?

-My eyebrows knitted together in confusion and shook my head.

Soonyoung: He killed Clara, Y/n.

Soonyoung: But he did. And he caused the war between Daegu and Daejeon.

Y/n: W-what? My brother would never do that. What are you talking about?

Soonyoung: *scoffed* So your father or Jisoo never told you? Huh?

Soonyoung: Your own brother, jeonghan was in love with the princess of Incheon.

Y/n: No... T-this isn't true

Soonyoung: It is, true. Jeonghan was jealous, angry when he got to know about the wedding of my hyung and clara.

Soonyoung: jeonghan pushed her off into the valley and showed it as an accident

Y/n: No! It isn't true. How can you accuse him without witness

Soonyoung: seungcheol himself saw jeonghan murdering clara.

Soonyoung wiped my tears and hugged me.

Soonyoung: jeonghan somehow escaped from Daegu and your father was angry as Daegu tried to kill Jeonghan and he called out war against us without thinking twice.

Soonyoung: Don't help him, Y/n. I don't want you to suffer.

Y/n: That's why seungcheol hates me?

Soonyoung: *sigh* You do love him, don't you?

-I broke the hug and looked at him in confusion.

Y/n: No! I don't.

Soonyoung: Then why do you care about his feelings? Atleast, I don't hate you.

Soonyoung: Forget about him, Y/n. Be min-

Y/n: S-soonyoung, you should stop here.

Soonyoung looked at me as I got up and I quickly went out of his room as I was being panicked.

Soonyoung: You want to play hard, Y/n?

Soonyoung said while clutching his fist tightly.

Soonyoung: I hope you won't end up like Clara.

****

(A/n P.O.V)

Seokmin: Aren't you afraid that I will reveal your all Daegu secrets once the wedding is done?

-seokmin questioned rebbeca making her to glare at him.

Rebbeca: I told our secrets after we made a deal, Lee. I told you our secrets so that you can exact the King and take Y/n from him.

Rebbeca: If you try to reveal them, don't forget I also know one of your little secrets which will make everyone scared of you. Your own father will be scared to give you the throne and jihoon will be the new King of Busan.

Seokmin: Calm down, Queen. I am man of my words.

-Queen glanced at the smirking prince and saw him taking the apple from the fruit basket and exited from her room.

Seungcheol stood in the middle of the hall when he saw the eldest prince of Busan, Lee Jihoon arriving with his sister right behind him.

Jihoon: Never knew that the King will agree to marry the princess which she rejected him in the court mating.

Seungcheol: You know very well, Prince.

Jihoon remained quiet as he knew it was his brother who might have made the King agree.

Jihoon: My sister isn't bad, King. She's worth more than being your wife and queen of Daegu. So, I hope you better treat her with respect.

Seungcheol: My respect for her became more when she stood for herself in the court.

-seungcheol looked at miho who was standing behind her brother.

Seungcheol: And I hope she would stand for herself in the marriage too.

Miho: It isn't easy, King seungcheol. I don't have more courage to stand for myself.

Seungcheol: I understand, princess. Hope you rest well in our palace and we will discuss about the terms after dinner. I will take my leave.

Mingyu: My lord, are you really going to marry her?

-mingyu asked while walking beside seungcheol.

Seungcheol: Nobody ever triggered my mind as much that bastard prince did. I have to do something before she becomes my wife.

Mingyu: I have a confession, King.

Seungcheol: *sigh* What now, mingyu?

Mingyu: The guard who was distributing the coins to the maid who were supposed to go in prison. He noticed the anonymous lady's palms were burned when he gave her the coin.

-seungcheol stopped his feet and turned around towards mingyu.

Mingyu: You sure it is not her.

seungcheol: Don't tell anyone about this. I'll handle it on my own.

-He said while clutching his fists.

****************************************************