Eon

Today feels as if its embracing  me with warmth. I hadn't expected to feel this way. I wanted to cut back from duty today, which I never done since I joined the force. Whitfords never gave us any peace, we always had to run around cleaning up their mess. Yesterday I felt clueless, now a strange hope spreading from within.

                I rushed to pick her up. I expected her to be fuming furious at me. When I saw her coming through the door, my heart started to pound fast. She was blushing red, her smile made me want to smile brighter too. Her small vibrant face made me blush oblivious to the surrounding. Her uncle went inside. It was just me and her standing near the car, I hadn't said a word to her, seriously, I couldn't. She was holding that worn-out book. I was sheepishly blushing like couple on their first day. GET A GRIP, EON.

                  I opened the door for her. I never knew such gentleman is in me. I expected her to speak first. Damn... WHAT REALLY CAUGHT MY TONGUE!!
She was silent all through the ride. We went to that same breakfast place.
Many were passing glances at us.

                "Hello, Cera", it was her friend, Afwa, "Good to see you back. Niyath is around here somewhere, he wants to meet you too". Cera replied her greetings, "I'd love to meet my old friend too", She said. "Enjoy your breakfast, I will be back with him", Afwa said. Wait ' him ' not 'her'. Cera looked lost too. “ you go ahead order. I will have just Coffee", Cera said.

                   Cera didn't look least bit sick like I lost found her. I expected her to be in bad mood too..maybe this is what's it is like to have a family back at home, though life treats you shittier , no wonder you would be better with a hot warm meal greets you at home. Her color in the iris remained pronounced like last night.

                  Cera had her coffee in silence. Looking at her, I wanted a family back at home too. I couldn't take a bite but to miss my deceased family. I had never felt alone like this before though there's a company in front of me. Cera noticed me not having a bite.
"Is that food not to your liking?", she asked. I smiled though unable to answer. She smiled back.I met her gaze, there was lovely twinkle in her eyes, her cheeks colored again. I felt rejuvenated by looking at that round chubby face.

                    " Hello, Cera! ", it was a guy, oh I knew him. Cera looked at me for answer. I don't know his name too but I recognize him. "I'm Niyath. I went to the same elementary school with you. I thought Afwa told you", he was glancing from me to her. "I'm EON", I butted in. "Nice to meet you, Niyath. And I'm sorry", Cera cutted me off.
"How are you now?", he was polite. "I'm good", Cera stammered a bit.
He took a seat next to me. "EON, I have seen you around. You work with the force right.",he turned his attention to me. " I think I have seen you at the club office", he continued, "you were the one who handled the recent trekking accident". "I'm one of the club founder, Niyath", he extended for shake.

                   "Good for you. But let's not talk about gruesome accident over breakfast. There's a girl across us", I looked at Cera. She looked bewildered.
That same girl who snapped at me multiple times now sitting in Complete silence. " Afwa told me you don't remember much about us. I still remember you that you go with a nickname I had given you " Ms. Know-it-all Shorty", he chuckled. "It's funny. My brother calls me with that same name", Cera said.

                  "I want to tell you many things. I'm already running late. See you around Cera.", atlast he left leaving us in peace.