Cera

I will not deny, I never felt
so much alive. My starved body wants it more, I can't help myself but look at Eon as my prey. I am scared for myself. As he drove, Dark forest outline was visible, I felt like strange invitation beaming from it. I wanted to run loose. I hadn't taken a single pill from the medicine bundle yet my heart beating with much ease. WHAT EXACTLY IS YOUR GAME, EON!!!. That strange book burning on my skin. I wanted to tear it open.... WHAT.... SERIOUSLY.... BLOOD OFFERING....
              Am I fell into 'Potter world'?? . I'm a huge fan but I will not be a gruesome character who is starving for blood.
I couldn't sit still.
              "Eon, do you seriously mean to say those dramas, movies, books actually was saying truth?, Those mythical creatures are not a simply a myth? “, Eon let go of the wheel and the car stopped with screech. "Cera, wait till we reach my place". "No. Tell me right now. What kinda bogus I'm accepting. This is not fair".

             "Cera, I know it's not fair for you. Whatever you read and watch. Yessss... There is meagre amount of truth in it. I wouldn't deny it", Eon was flustered. I met his deep gaze. This guy whoever he is... Need to chill.... I wanna scream, I was afraid for a moment, what if I 'howl' instead of screaming.
"So are you saying 'Hogwarts school of wizardry' is real too?, Are you a werewolf like Remus? “, I narrowed my eyes at him.

                He laughed out loud. His eyes were sparkling and his laugh was bright too, I couldn't help but join him too. Seriously we are laughing and joking.. Great.... This is feel like good way of dying. As his laughter died out, "Cera, you can't compare us to a children novel?". "What? Children novel? I'm more offended right now than when you told me about 'half nonsense'. So are there vampires too? “, I met his eyes. He thinks I'm entertaining him. Not long moments ago, there was absolute guilt was all over his face. Now he is chuckling, " I never met one. For a werewolf, I'm skeptical about most of the things. For that reason, I'm practically a outcast from my pack".

                     He started the engine, I stopped him. A strong jasmine scent hits me, I sniffed leaning closer to him. Weird manner. "What do you doing?", He jerked away from me. "Can we go for a walk. Right now?". Trust me that was a bad suggestion on my part. Dark forest already pulling me into it. Eon said nothing. "now is not a good time for a walk. I promised your grandparents, I would return you in one piece.", he looked worried. I didn't listen to him. I stepped down from the car. Though it was hot in the morning, there was wave of chillness in the breeze. The Distant view of dark forest sent a sudden shiver as if it's telling me to climb back into the car. Only a moment ago, I felt like invited. Strange...

            "Cera, Get back in. We'll talk in the morning,i guess.", Eon was still in the car. I was reluctant. It was a new freedom on my part, never once a night passed without me in the pain. Now I'm feeling more fine. Though it was darker around, I caught a fine outline of a distant figure watching me closely. It sent a another wave of shiver. "Eon, There is someone watching us.", I panicked.

                He checked the rear view mirror. "May be a homeless. Come on, Cera. It's not safe for you right now", he was almost pleading.

                  Something pushed me deep inside to obey him. I climbed back in. He drove straighter to my place. My aunt Sedan was already parked in the driveway. My grandparents home literally glowed swallowing up the darkness around. Barn was lit up too. Eon walked me to the door.

                    I wanted to beat him for more answers. But I didn't. He handed me that worn out book reluctantly. I couldn't comply to take the book from him. "Cera, keep it for now. Tomorrow I will come back to take you to the same breakfast place", Eon left.

                  It was Samara, " what were you thinking?, you ought to take your medicine by now", her eyes caught the book, "were you gone to the library at this time with that officer?, I can't believe you are still crazy for books.", she was furious. " Calm down, Sam. Hammar already vouched for that officer", Uncle grumpy calmed her. " Why Mr. Hammar needed you both? “, I asked her. “ oh,it was his daughter, that kid is in wheelchair. Sometimes, she convulses badly. His wife is sick too. That's why we're off to help him", she told me as she was arranging for dinner. " I had cleaned up your room next to Nanny. I left my pajamas for you on the bed", she was setting up the dinner table. I went to the room and placed the book away in the bathroom cupboard. It still creeps me.

               Only Evil craves for blood. I felt ashamed of myself for accepting Eon's blood. The wound from the knife had already healed. I left that cream cloth by the sink. There was trace of blood on the cloth, it looked more darker. I couldn't stand that sight. I threw it in the bin.

              As I was approaching the dinner table, Uncle grumpy was telling Nanny, ".... Eon had played greater part on standing against the pipeline project. If not for those guys with him, we would have lost our home along with the forest to that bloody pipeline.", I joined with them at the table.

               Today was sure a long day of my life . I was contemplating many things before I drifted off to sleep. Alas.... Eon's blood hasn't done any good to prevent those nightmares. I felt stupid thinking that way.

                 In my nightmares, those dark eyes would chase me through the woods. I would be panting for breath though I wanted to break free I would drown in a deep black water. At last... I woke up with drenching sweat all over my body. I was lost for a moment for I thought I was still  in that dark murky water.

                 Bedside lamp glowed brightly. There was absolute silence resonated the whole house. Never once Gnovig gave this much eerie vibe.
Digital clock showed 2:45 A. M. There is still a long way for the morning. Oh... Didn't he promise me for a breakfast...

                 I went to the window, opened it, there was chill outside. My eyes fixated on THAT DARK FIGURE...

                 It had a pair of glowing golden eyes. I looked deeper, it was a muscular man wearing jet black cloth, he was standing outside the fence. It was fierce look that called me for submission. I averted my glance away.
I wanted to run into my aunt's room, but my legs stayed rooted to the floor. I looked again in that direction. That man has gone.