Eon

PRESENT DAY

               They say I had marked my mate long ago. But Zekal has no intention of bringing that girl to our pack neither am I. It was Martha who would remind me about that girl's existence. Though I'm a fully transformed werewolf, deep down I know I lack something that I couldn't achieve even I could take down atleast five werewolves on my own. Full moon never affected me like it does to others but I would terribly miss something, it would tear up my heart. As the full moon leaves, I would lie on the forest floor breathless though I had taken the cover deep inside the mountains with others. Something unexplainable would bring me out into the woods near the shrubs where I found that girl  on the fateful night nine years ago.

                 I wanted to look for her though I know where she would be, but decided against it everytime.

                Three months ago, Zaid and I was driving out around the woods. That girl's home was close enough to the woods, without much thought I drove near to it. I had to fought of that memory, when I tried to sneak into her home to leave her with Guggulu tablets I was told it would ease heartache. Alas, I barged into the empty room and left that pill box there. For that intrusion I had to pay a big price by the Alpha. I drove closer to her place soon that unexplainable feeling tore up my heart, I swerved the Jeep into a tree near her place. I felt like my head splitting into two. Zaid was hit in his head too but came over to my side for help. "Maybe it's time you swallow up your guilt and go to her. Before you kill me too", he said as he helped out from the Jeep.

                Still it took me three months to go to her. I found her clutching her chest and was crying in pain. She was close to collapse on that park bench.

                 I know I'm known for my recklessness. I had to give her my blood. I took her up in my arms. She was struggling so I closed my lips with hers and I bit my lips to let some blood into her. She gladly accepted it like she craved it alright. It wasn't a passionate kiss or something. I couldn't bear it to see her in the pain, like I was fated to go there for her. I wanted to held her close to me. As she gained her full consciousness and relieved from her pain. As I stepped closer, she looked like she was contemplating something and collapsed.

              "Cera, come on, Girl. Look at me", I checked for her breath and pulse though appeared normal . She looked like she was in deep slumber.

               It's been already four hours, she hasn't woken up yet. I waited next to her, studying her face. Only few moments ago I had done the most intimate thing I've ever done in my life. I touched my lips, I Could still feel her.
I couldn't be any curious about her. She opened her eyes and looked startled. "Cera", that word felt foreign yet tried to say it out loud. I had no place to take her so I drove her to my place at Tavernnery Hills. "Cera, you are at Tavernnery Hills. You remember this place, right?", I didn't know what else to tell this girl.

               She sprang up from my bed and looked around. Her cheeks blushed on seeing me. Maybe I'm dreaming. "Who are you?", she asked looking around. Her eyes caught the picture of Martha at my bedside table. "I am Eon. I work as a assistant sheriff here.", She still looked cautious, "Martha is like my sister. You know her, right? Cera", I sounded bold and clear cause I didn't want to scare her further. "Eon?. I don't think I know you. Why didn't you call an ambulance?, why did you brought me here?", she asked me sternly. "Well.. I don't know how to explain things.. Maybe we should relax ourselves over coffee", I blurted out. "I will take a rain check on the coffee. Since you said we are in Tavernnery Hills. I will go back to my grand dad's place. Will you drive me?," she asked me with that cute bubbly cheek of hers. Wait....is she growing on me. Its for the better I take her back.

                  We were about to leave my cottage that trace near the edges of the wood. " Have we met before?, I feel like I have seen you somewhere. How do you know to take me here?," she was asking one after another. " That's why I suggested to sit down for coffee. Shall we head back in?", hoping she would say NO.