Oskar

Hot waves gets a bit pretty intense as soon as the day breaks around here. I started the work earlier before the day light. Things are pretty stagnant in this boring town. Nowadays even the small chores tires me out. We lack manpower around here. With the dark forest wrapping around most part of the town, nowadays Tavernnery Hills is a hotbed for many gossips. Many legendary tales resurfacing again, attracting weird people from cities, driving normal people from town, so it's not easy to find a reliable help.
I wanted to retire for I find solace in raising cattle at the barn and training the new guard dogs. But I can't dump all the responsibilities on my poor wife.
Barn desperately needs renovation, I was discussing this matter with my new neighbour Hammar, he was retired lieutenant General. His only daughter was crippled due to a mountain accident. He won't elaborate on that matter further. Samara would often say how much it pains to see your only dear daughter left crippled. We too know it very well for we had a fair share of torment when Cera was sickened. Her poor heart....

                  A black SUV pulled up in our driveway. A young cop climbed out, Cera came with him. What business could they have together.....I went to them. "Uncle!!",it was my girl who came running to me with open arms. I couldn't bear to look at her for his dad had called me last night, worried and blurting out that deadly news. I hadn't told Samara yet. I embraced her long enough, with poor control over my eyes, I cried right there. "I am here, am I not?". "Glad that you are back here. Nanny is currently out with her nurse. Grandpa is helping out Samara. They would be thrilled to have you here. ".
"so what's the deal with this officer?", that young cop came closer to us.
There was silence on their part.
“Me and Cera connected through social media. We met at Gnovig. It was purely accidental and she asked me to bring her here. I was glad to be of some help", he said. "I couldn't inform Dad beforehand. Only notified him shortly ago.", Cera beamed. "I'm running late already. I will try to give my proper greetings at the evening Sir. See you later Cera ",  he seemed to be in hurry.
Cera waved him off too.

                      "I really can't believe myself now that you are here, Are you feeling all right?. We dont have proper hospitals around here. What are you thinking, Cera?", I was excited but anxiety took over me. "Same grumpy Uncle. Can't you just be pleased I'm here to visit you after a long time?. I know you allowed my brother to stay here all the time. But why shouldn't I come here?", no one can tell her anything. It's good to see her temper intact.

             " who is that mister over there? “, Cera pointed at Mr. Hammar. I completely forgot about him. He came to us. "Hello to you child. Was it any serious?, cause I see that you came with Officer Eon.", Mr. Hammar asked her. “Nothing serious. He was of help to offer me a ride... Sir? “. “Oh.. Sorry, Dear girl, I'm Hammar. I'm live around here". " He moved here not long ago. He has built a modern home few fields from us, Cera.". "Hammar, this is my niece from Gnovig, Cera". “Cera, you must pay us a visit while you are here. Officer Eon is our good acquaintance. You will not find such a young man of his qualities ". What a show off. He left us bidding goodbye.

              Cera was her usual self. Only last months ago we visited her at the hospital. Now she seems perfectly all right. Real problem is that she is perfectly all right through the day not when the evenings starts. Though most test results were coming out normal, now her problem has shown on the tests. We are not exactly happy to find out her illness. It was too soon for our dear girl.