Grandpa

"Mehaja, I don't think it's right for us to keep her here", I knew silence was the only answer I could get from my wife of forty seven years. It wasn't great idea to separate a young kid from my elder daughter so that my younger daughter would let go of her "no child policy". Samara has been married for twelve years. She and her husband runs a successful pharmacy. They were very adamant about not having child of their own. It was Mehaja's idea that if we brought Cera home, things would change with Samara. It was happier times when Cera with her little arm flapping around and speaking nonchalantly yet adorable and questioning everything and her love for little lamb. Every menial thing about her brought involuntary joy to our lives. It's been already two years since we brought her here. Though her father reluctantly let her stay here. It daunts on me now, we did a terrible thing. Doctors checked on her, said everything seems to be alright physically and her teachers says she was pretty attentive through out. But thing only falls apart when evening approaches. "Mehaja, Get some rest now. I will go and keep an eye on her throughout the night", I said taking my tape recorder from the bed side table.