Tributes Parade

Chapter 16

Skylar designed a strapless, gold ball gown with a gold tiara for me to wear.

It was beautiful. I looked like a princess. It was a pretty similar to my outfit back in 72. It just had a different pattern and the color was slightly different.

Me and Gloss walked down to the carriages. They were different from the ones 3 years ago. They were moved by horses this year.

"I'm gonna go get a lay of the land." Gloss walked off.

I stayed with the horses. I just patted them. It was relaxing. "You're so gentle. You don't have to defend yourselves against the world. You don't have a government that corrupts you into becoming killers."

"It's that right." Someone stepped beside me. It was Finnick Odair, the victor of the 65th games. He was the youngest ever.

"Hi Finnick." I put on a fake smile. I was really wondering why he was talking to me.

"Sugar cube?" He held out a white cube in his hand.

I shook my head no and just continued to look at him confused.

"Right, you want to know why Im talking to you." He clearly noticed the expression on my face. "I just wanted to tell you that I'm glad you make Johanna so happy."

I didn't know how he knew. So I just acted dumb. "I don't know what you are talking about Finnick."

"She told me that you make her happier than anything else before."

I couldn't help but smile. It was nice to hear she felt the same way about me that I felt about her.

"So, I just wanted to say thank you for making my best friend happy."

"She makes me happy. She helped me get somewhat over the death of my brother. So, I'm glad she is happy." I could tell that wasn't all he wanted to tell me. "Now what is the real reason you came to talk to me."

He just grew a cocky smile. I wanted to slap it right off. "Have a nice day, Warrior Princess." He ignored my question and walked away.

Warrior Princess. That was a new one. I had been called a lot of things. Warrior Princess was a new one. It felt weird in a good way. I kind of liked it.

Gloss came back to the carriage. He got in first then helped me up.

We waited just a minute before the horses took off pulling our carriage with them. Me and Gloss barley even acknowledged the audience. We just kept our eyes start.

But then Gloss held my hand. I looked at him. "I promised Cashimere I'd take care of you. I intend to keep that promise. I could tell you're stressed."

I just nodded at him.

The crowd was going crazy. I didn't really know why. Maybe it was because they could tell me and Gloss were having a meaningful conversation.