Killing Circle

Chapter 6

I woke up the next morning to a cannon. Me and the group didn't know who it was. We just figure it out tonight at the fallen tribute ceremony.

That morning there was only a thin layer of snow. Under it was dessert sand.

We all got up and went hunting. We found an ostrich. So we killed it and ate it's meat.

Then we noticed a kid hiding behind a pile of snow. The others wanted to kill her, I said "No, we're not killing a kid."

"We're all kids." Sloane marched over to her. I stepped in front of her and stabbed her in the stomach.

"Nooo!" Xander screamed as I pulled out the knife.

Sloane fell back and Xander caught her. "I love you." She stopped breathing. *Cannon*

Xander sat there with tears falling out of his eyes. He got up and looked me dead in the eyes and grabbed his spear.

I stepped back.

Leo stood in front of me when Xander struck. He hit him in the stomach

He fell back. I stabbed Xander in the chest with my sword. *Cannon*

I then dropped to my knees next to Leo. I put his head on my leg. "Win. Please. Get back to you brother. He needs you."

"I try." Tear fell from my eyes. "Why did you do that?"

"Because I love you. I have since the first day of training. I was just to afraid to mess up our relationship before the games."

I didn't know what to say.

"And if you win, please tell my parents and siblings I love them. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have volunteer to train. I'm sorry I made them suffer." Tear fell from his eyes and his tone sounded weak.

"I will. I promise I'll make sure their taken care of."

He nodded his head. His breathe got more shallow by the second, until her wasn't breathing anymore. *Cannon*

"Nooo." I wimpered.

I didn't want to but I stood up. I looked Brook straight in the eye. Then I did the same to Riven. "You want to test me? I just killed a very strong Xander. I have a lot of built up angry and I'm not afraid to use it to kill you."

"I'll test you." Riven stepped forward.

Brook put her hand on his chest to stop him. "No."

"It's okay. I think she was just lucky with Xander. She won't get lucky a second time."

I stepped over to him. I tried to strict him but he blocked it with his trident. We did things similar to that about 5 more times, before I was able to get my sword into his chest. *Cannon*

Blood flew out. It got on my face.

"Nooo!" Brook screamed as she charged at me.

I was able to dodge her. She fell to the ground. I put my swords blade on her chest. "Know this is nothing personal."

She nodded. "I know. You just want to make it back to your family. I get it. Please just make it quick." She looked to the side.

I didn't want to. I hesitated even. But in the end I had to. So I stuck my sword into her heart. *Cannon*

I looked around. I saw all the bodies. It was a killing circle. It could have been avoided. But I couldn't let Sloane kill that kid.

I looked to the pile of snow. The kid was still there.

I walked over to her. "Are you okay?" I asked.

"You just killed all those people for me." The girl from district 8 asked.

"I wasn't gonna let her kill you."

She rapped her arms around me. "Thank you."

I pushed her back a little. "You know, I think you and my brother would get along. He's about your age. So I have a favor to asked."

She nodded her head.

"If I don't make it back to him, and you win the games, take care of him for me, please."

She nodded. "Yes. It's the least I can do after you saved my life."

I grabbed all the bags and a few of Sloane's knives and me and Bambi found a place to sleep.

Fallen tributes
Leo Hendro district 1 (19th)
Sloane Jonas district 2 (21st)
Xander Jonas district 2 (20th)
B

rook Quincy district 4 (17th)
Riven Jean district 4 (18th)
Amber Norne district 7 (22nd)

Districts with no chance if winning
2
4

Districts with no chance if winning24

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.