Memorialize

Chapter 12

A few day later, I had to go to every district and pay my respect to all the fallen tributes. I started at district 1, for Leo.

I walked on stage and saw Leo's parents, sister, and aunt standing on a platform with a picture of him on a big tv, behind the crowd.

"Um, I was never good at speeches. So just bare with me. Leo was a kind, gentle soul. Him and I became very close while we were at the Capitol and in the arena. Though we were already friends before that. I thought of him as my best friend. He was a good partner. He would help me when I fell down. He would teach me new skills and I would do the same." I smiled. Then the reality set in. "He deserved better." A tear fell from my eye. I wiped it away. I looked deep in Mrs Hendro's eyes. "And I am so sorry for your guys lose. Leo always told me how much he loved you guys. How he did what ever it took to take care of you. So in honor of him, I am giving his family a 25th of my winnings. So you guys are set, just like Leo wanted you to be."

Mr and Mrs Hendron looked wide eyed. I just smiled at them and walked off stage.

——— ☆ • ♧ • ♤ • ♧ • ☆ ———

I went to district 2, 3, 4, and 5. Now it was time for district 6.

I walked out on stage. There was a picture of the district 6 male, Gregory on one side. And one of Taylor on the other.

I talked about what I knew about Gregory.

Then I looked over to Taylor's family. "Taylor was a great girl. She was kind hearted, generous, and strong. I will miss her. She was a great friend. And deserved soo much more." I looked at both the families. "I'm gonna give both families a 25th of my winnings."

I smiled at them and walked off stage.

┈┈┈┈․° ☣ °․┈┈┈┈

When I got to district 8, I saw Bambi's platform. Her family was crying I felt really bad for them. I didn't know how to make them feel better.

I talked about Erik.

Then I looked over Bambi's family. "Bambi was the sweetest girl I have ever meet. I really wanted her to win. She was a good friend and a even better person. I would do anything to bring her back."

I told the family I would give them a 25th of my winnings. Then I walked off stage.