Chapter 1

The Monaco Grand Prix is one of the most prestigious and challenging races one can partake in But for Charles Leclare, it was more than that. It was a chance to make his home crowd proud, a chance to show them that he was worthy of representing them in Formula 1. And today is race day. Charles was, of course, nervous, but lucky for him, he had his biggest supporter, his sister Elenore, by his side. She had prided herself on the fact that he was her brother; she was so insanely proud of him. Ever since they were little, Charles and Elenore have always stuck together, maybe because of their shared love for cars. Their father was once a driver in Formula 3 back in the 1990s. When they were just 7 and 5 years old, their father introduced them to karting. When Elenore turned 13, she realized that the sport wasn't for her, but Charles continued on. Elenore went on to become an author while Charles was still out there chasing his dream. The day that he signed with Ferrari was the greatest day of his life. Elenore was always at his races in the beginning of his career, but by the end of 2019, she was signed by Pearson, and she had to move to London. But today she was here, in Monaco, to cheer on her big brother.

She hadn't been to any of his races since pre-COVID, so it was a bizarre feeling walking into the Ferrari garage. As they walked out to the pit, the crowd roared. Charles waved to the crowd, while Elenore couldn't help but feel overwhelmed by all the noise. But she was so happy for her brother; this was his dream. Yesterday, during qualifications, Charles really showed everyone who was best. He placed the pole, which was much to his advantage. In Monaco, the circuit is so tight that overtaking is basically impossible, so starting out in the front row gives you a good chance of placing high. And today Charles had a good feeling; his practice sessions had gone extremely well.

Elenore was familiar with the paddock, and she loved being in the garage. Even though she stopped racing in her early teens, she never stopped loving cars. She was an expert at the mechanics of the motor, and she knew her way around the Ferrari SF21. She was walking around, taking a look at the car, just making sure everything looked right. She had no doubt in her mind that the mechanics would have missed something, but she still wanted to make sure that her brother was safe.

As Elenore sat in the paddock working on one of her books, someone came up from behind, placing a pair of hands on her shoulders. She jerked, slamming her computer shut and turning around.
"Mon dieu, Pierre, you just scared the living hell out of me," she laughed lightly.
"I haven't seen you in ages; what have you been up to?" Pierre sat down across from her.
"Well, I am a published author," she smiled.
"Right! It is amazing! I love it!"
Normally, Elenore is quite a confident person, but whenever people start talking about her book, she becomes a bit insecure. Since it was her first book, she was very nervous that someone wouldn't like it or find it weird.
"Thank you Pierre,"

Elenore and Pierre go way back. Charles and Pierre used to race each other when they were younger, and they became quite good friends. One time, when Pierre had gotten drunk, he called Elenore and confessed his feelings for her. Elenore found that she wanted to rebel, and what better thing to do than date your brother's best friend? So they started dating, something Charles wasn't too happy about. They dated for almost a year until Elenore just lost her feelings. They ended things on a good note and have stayed friends. Charles made Elenore promise to never date one of his rivals again. And she had kept that promise. She found that her brother was way more important than any boy could ever be.