Pulled back home

#SPOILER WARNING FOR THE ENTIRITY OF THE "THE BEGINNING AFTER THE END" NOVELS - LAST WARNING#

Tessia Eralith

Walking through the long winding corridors of the fortress I had been led into, I kept my head down and followed my kidnapper in utter silence.

Neither of us had spoken in the last half hour and we had only exchanged the smallest of words since I got taken away from the Elshire forest and the expedition I had been leading there to save a group of elven prisoners from the Vritra.

I just hope Gramps and the others aren't taking the news too badly. I told myself in a somber tone, knowing full well that my disappearance would hit him the hardest. Between my parents and now me. I'm not sure that he could take it.

...

But what other choice were there? I knew I couldn't have won a fight against Nico, even if I had been in peak condition. He was just on another level.

The only one who could have, who had faced off against a Scythe was Arthur. The magic he had used that day was something so overwhelming I could only compare it to what general Aldir and Windsom were capable of. What deities were able to do, not a lesser like me.

But even he couldn't do away with that power for long.

Biting my lower lips in frustration I replayed that day in my mind over and over again, hoping that I would, somehow be able to change the past with a mere thought, that I could have just accepted Nico's offer the first time around. It would have solved everything. Arthur and Silvy would still be here, fighting for Dicathen, madam Astera wouldn't have lost a leg, and I would still have ended up in the same place.

It's my fault. It's all my fault.

Biting down even harder, I felt the taste of blood in my mouth before I could feel the pain of piercing my own lips.

-Stay here." coldly ordered Scythe Nicol as he opened a large metallic and stepped in the room, leaving me alone in the long and empty corridor.

The thought of trying to run away had already crossed my mind, but this was simply a stupid idea. Not only because I was in the deepest layers of the Vritra's most secure strongholds in the middle of a different continent, but also because I had been shackled with mana suppressing cuffs that rendered me completely useless.

I wouldn't even cross half the hallway before being intercepted. I told myself as I looked to either side of the dimly lit underground construction.

Compared to the previous parts of the fortress I had crossed, which were all excitedly decorated with the most brilliant of paintings and furniture, and which had a few dozen servants working around, this part of the castle was empty.

Besides me and Nico, not a single soul had crossed our path and no faraway footsteps or chats had been heard. The entire floor was entirely empty.

I don't know what the Vritra were planning for me here, but they certainly didn't want anyone bothering them.

Stepping out of the room in a hard *thump* Nico's hard and rash eyes landed on me "Get in" he ordered in an impatient tone. Not even waiting for my response he stepping outside the door frame grabbed my cuffs and violently pulled me in

-No need to be so aggressive." I complained in growl

Grinning in discontent the man squeezed the handcuffs even tighter in his hand, almost crushing them, as he visibly tried to not act anymore violently. "I have already wasted too much time running after you Cecil." he growled back with a furious glare.