🩷If You Love Me For Me🩷 (Pt. 1)

Comenzar desde el principio

"Oops.." He guffawed. "Sorry about that...freaky nerd!" Hailey heard him spit out at her. She frowned to herself as the boy laughed and laughed. While he did that, Hailey took ahold of the books she had dropped, and wrapped her arms around them securely to her chest. She had no idea who this person was or what his deal was. Hailey could only assume that he was just another bully that had nothing better to do other than pick on people he deemed to be 'weak' and 'vulnerable'.

Hailey kept quiet, not knowing what to say. She wanted to speak against him, but felt powerless. All she could do was pick up her textbooks and possibly walk off, leaving it at that. But what good would that do? Wouldn't that just make her a target that this student can bully constantly because she won't say or do anything about it? It probably would.

"What's wrong, huh!? You ain't gonna say anything..? Are you gonna cry..?" The boy said in a mocking tone of voice, imitating fake crying noises afterwards to tease her even further. Hailey remained silent and then finally got herself up from the floor. She wasn't a fan of conflict at all and thought it would be best to not say anything at this moment. It would be a waste of her time arguing with this imbecile anyways. The boy was still mocking her, trying to get any sort of reaction out of Hailey.

"You ain't gonna speak..? Fine then. Suit yourself.." The boy was just about to grab onto Hailey's wrist until he was abruptly pulled back by a shoulder of his. He yelped in shock as he soon found himself being pinned against the lockers, with an arm being pressed roughly onto his neck. This action was done so by another male student in Hailey's year group. He had strawberry-blonde hair, hazel brown eyes, and was regarded as one of the most popular students in the year.

Hailey watched in astonishment as the boy who had been harassing her a few seconds ago was now trembling. He almost choked due to his neck being pushed against so aggressively by the person who was pinning him.

"If you DARE do anything to Hailey again.." The blonde-haired student, whose name was Jake, spoke out in a threatening tone to the guy he was holding down. "I swear to fuck, I will destroy you.."

Hailey's cheeks turned to a shade of a cherry red as she witnessed the scene in front of her play out. Her charcoal-coloured eyes were fixed specifically on Jake. She could feel her heart thump, feel her face grow warm, and the butterflies were entering her stomach, fluttering about in a sense of warmth and delight.

The boy immediately nodded his head, shaking in fear. "Y-Yes, Jake. I-I'm sorry, Jake.." He obliged to him, still struggling to get out of Jake's strong hold.

"Say sorry to Hailey, and you better not bother her again.." Jake ordered him, his brown irises showing off a fiery glare.

"I'm sorry, Hailey!" The boy turned his head towards her, apologising frantically. "I'm really sorry! I-I promise I will leave you alone!"

With that, Jake finally let go of him and crossed his arms. "Now, get the fuck outta here." He told him sternly, watching the boy instantly run off, leaving Jake and Hailey alone at that moment. Jake turned himself around to the girl and smiled, "You okay, Hails..?"

A huge smile appeared on the corners of Hailey's lips as she ran up to the latter and embraced him into a loving hug. "Oh, Jake! I'm so glad to see you!" She exclaimed happily to her bestest friend of five years. Hailey had known Jake since middle school and ever since then, the two of them had become inseparable. They have a very tight and close bond with one another, and Hailey was sure that nobody could ever break it.

Jake chuckled when Hailey hugged him, and it wasn't long before she loosened her grip on him and pulled away. "Heya, princess.." He said to her, hooking her chin. "How's my little doormat doing..?"