❤️‍🩹I Need You More Than Air❤️‍🩹

Trigger warning: Mentions of death, blood.

~

It was the middle of a dark and windy night, where every citizen in Rosemeadow was fast asleep. The morning would soon arrive for them. The weather was decent enough. All that could be heard outside was the gale, which did sound quite powerful and loud on its own.

Hailey Austin, who is at the age of 25, was sound asleep in her bedroom. She lived alone, though she wasn't the biggest fan of it. She'd much prefer living with someone, but Hailey was single. She didn't have a boyfriend, and never had one before. It would be nice for her, however. On some nights, she felt lonely. She had nobody with her. Not to mention, the darkness outside petrified her, and sometimes, Hailey wouldn't be sure if she felt safe or not. The fact that she had no neighbours didn't make it any better.

Hailey had bought herself a small and cosy cottage. Some people may not find that the most ideal place to live in, but Hailey sure thought of it as home. She liked her cottage. It was comfortable, warm, and quiet. It was perfect for her. She had the whole place to herself as well, which was one good thing about living alone, she guessed.

Hailey hummed in her sleep, burying her face into her warm pillows and blankets. She loved her bed. It made her feel so comforted and snug. Her pillows smelt just like her perfume, and that just goes to show how much Hailey slept in them, even during the day. And since she is the only one who sleeps in her bed, she gets to take up all the space.

Nothing could disturb her, Hailey thought. She had thought that she would get a full eight hours of sleep without any disturbances.

However, she was wrong.

A knocking noise could be heard downstairs on the front door. It startled Hailey out of her sleep, her eyes opening immediately. She heard more knocking, and this made the girl become nervous. Who the hell was knocking at her door at this time of night? Not to mention, it sounded desperate, frantic, and anxious. Like the person outside was hell bent on getting Hailey's attention so that she could answer the door.

The knocking only got more frequent and louder. Hailey gulped, her anxiety skyrocketing. Who was outside? Was she in danger? Things like this made her fear the night, and reminded her on why she disliked it so much. She was contemplating between ignoring the person outside in hopes that they will give up and leave her place, or answering the door anyway.

"Oh God, who the hell is at my door..? They sound desperate. Maybe..I should answer it..What if it's someone that needs help..?" Hailey sat up from her mattress, brushing some strands of her hair away from her face. "But, what if it's someone dangerous? It's gone past one in the morning now. Who could possibly be at my place at this time of night..? Shit, I should call the police.."

Hailey grabbed onto her phone from her bedside table, frantically pressing onto the phone app in a haste. She was just about to dial the number before something stopped her from doing so.

"Hailey?! Hailey..! Are you in there..?! Please answer the door!"

Hailey froze. That sudden voice came from outside. It sounded quite muffled, so she wasn't able to make out who the voice belonged to. But, this meant that the person outside was somebody Hailey knew personally. They knew her name afterall.

Setting her phone down in concern, Hailey hastily got out of her bedsheets, and headed straight for the door. She exited out her bedroom, and speedily walked down the stairs, her front door now in plain sight.

Once Hailey reached the bottom of her stairs, she breathed out. She was just inches away from the door, about to open it. She was still feeling nervous, even though this person clearly knew who she was, since they literally said her name. They sounded like they were in trouble.