🌥Talk To Me🌥

Life couldn't get any worse than this.

Jake was all alone on the school's rooftop, sobbing helplessly. Continuous tears of utter despair and sadness slid down his cheeks, one after the other.

Jake wasn't one to cry. He doesn't cry that often. But, he couldn't help himself this time. His eyes had began to hurt now from the constant rubbing he was doing on them. They stung like mad, but Jake was unable to stop. There was nothing else he could do. All he could do was cry at this moment.

"How could I fall for that?! How could I say those things about them behind their backs?! God, I'm so stupid..I'm such an awful person..!"

Jake yelled at himself mentally, his eyes becoming red. He tried his best to calm himself down, and dry away his tears. However, he failed as they kept on coming.

"They were my friends. My family. My everything..! And I..lost them. I lost them all..! Oh, Hailey..I'm so sorry.."

Jake weakly gazed at the sun that was slowly setting with each second that passed from the rooftop he was situated on. Its yellowish rays with a tint of orange hit against his skin lightly. The skies above the teenager were of the colours of a radiant pink and marigold.

The school's rooftop was Jake's comfort zone. He always went up there from time to time. Nobody else really did. It seemed as though Jake was the only student who made use of it. The roof was mainly for when Jake needed to reflect on a few thoughts, or if he needed some time alone. Right now, it was both.

"I just want to sing. That's all I want. Why is that so difficult for me to do?!" Jake spoke lowly, his eyebrows furrowing as a wave of anger steadily overtook him. "WHY CAN'T I JUST PURSUE MY DREAMS AND SING?! WHY CAN'T PEOPLE JUST LET ME DO WHAT I'M PASSIONATE ABOUT?! WHY DO PEOPLE CARE SO MUCH?! I WANT TO SING! WHY CAN'T I DO THAT?!"

Jake shouted out angrily, clutching onto the fence with his fingers. More tears streamed down his face as he broke down. Jake's body fell to the ground as his knees were pressed up against his chest. He buried his face into them, his jeans becoming soaked.

"A-And then, when I do find a place where I can finally be myself, when I do find people who accept me for who I am, and appreciate my talent, I lose them in the process. All because of something stupid I did.."

Jake could feel his heart crack after hearing his own words. His chest ached in pain, and he didn't know how to make it all go away. He thought maybe he deserved this. Jake betrayed the music club when they have done so much for him, and this is the price he has to pay.

"I-I don't deserve them..I don't deserve anything..!" Jake said under his breath, his hands shaking from the cold. He kept telling himself to go inside, but he didn't want to. Not when there was people in the school. It felt so cramped and congested. He needed air to breath. He needed peace and quiet to think.

Jake held onto his arms, huddling himself in an attempt to produce some kind of warmth. He leaned his head against the fence of the rooftop, his mind going deep into thought. At this rate, Jake felt helpless and believed there was truly nothing he could do.

"Maybe I'm just meant to be alone.."

----

Hailey searched and searched, catching sight of every corridor and hallway. She needed to find him, ASAP. Unfortunately, Jake was nowhere to be found. She began to feel hopeless, her mind beginning to think that she wouldn't be able to find him. Who knows where he could have gone? Did he leave? Has he gone home early? These questions flooded Hailey's brain as she grew more worried.

"Where is he?! I need to find him..He looked really upset..Were we too harsh on him..? What if it was all a misunderstanding? C'mon, Jake. Where are you?"