🩷If You Love Me For Me🩷 (Pt. 2)

The next day had dawned upon Rosemeadow City fairly quick. Another busy school morning was taking place. Jake Sterling walked himself through the school's crammed hallways. He was feeling quite exhausted since last night he had a lot of homework to catch up on. Jake was pretty much a slacker when it came to anything concerning his schoolwork.

"Where the hell is she..?" Jake asked in a hushed tone to himself. He scratched his head in confusion. Normally, he went through no struggle in finding Hailey, but today was different. He looked in all of Hailey's favourite spots in the school like the library, the music club room, and even the school gardens, but she wasn't seen in any of them, which was very unusual by the way.

Jake began to feel worried. Was Hailey alright? Is she even attending school today? If she wasn't coming in, Hailey would have told him about it then. She always told Jake everything. Even if it was something as small as her losing the TV remote, she told him absolutely everything.

Would Jake listen?

Of course he would.

He always listened to Hailey.

Jake had no idea on what was happening with Hailey lately. Yesterday, he figured out that she went home early from school. That was out of the ordinary. She didn't even tell him about it. No text, no call, nothing. Jake came to the assumption that she was probably feeling unwell, and he tried to call her about it last night just to check up on her.

However, Hailey ignored every single call from him.

No matter how many times Jake called her, Hailey declined each and every one. That was extremely unlike her. Hailey would never decline his calls, unless she really had to. Jake obviously questioned both her strange actions and reason for leaving school early through several text messages, but Hailey didn't respond. Instead, she marked his messages as read.

"Is she feeling that sick?" Was all Jake could think to himself the night before when he noticed Hailey was not giving him a reply.

This made the blonde-haired singer even more determined to find his best friend and get some answers. Something had obviously provoked her to act this way. But, what could it be? Did he do something to hurt her?

"No." Jake stopped in his tracks as he drifted into his conscience. His brown orbs flitted towards the ground. "I would never hurt Hailey. Never.."

Jake kept his resolution to find Hailey and talk to her, no matter the circumstances. He didn't care about the amount of students he was brushing past the shoulders by. He didn't care if he was in anyone's way. It didn't matter to him if some random person got tripped over because of him.

Hailey was the only thing on his mind right now.

"Well, she kinda always is." Jake heard himself say in his thoughts, which he quickly brushed off.

His impatience and concern was beginning to grow. He would come to the conclusion that maybe Hailey wasn't at school after all, but he wanted to be absolutely sure before making the decision to give up. Jake hadn't even met his other friends like he does every school morning. He was just so focused on Hailey, and was left perplexed on what was going on with her. He was hell bent on finding out though.

Hailey was kneeling on the floor as she was taking out some books from her schoolbag. She picked out three textbooks and held them in her palms before standing up. With a tired sigh, Hailey placed her belongings inside, organising them so as for it to look neat and tidy. Hailey couldn't express her hatred for messes in simple words. She made it known to people how much she liked everything to be assembled and done in a sensible fashion and courteous manner.