💸Nice Guys Finish Last💸 (Pt. 1)

AN: This oneshot just sounded like a fun one to write. For the sake of this one, this is kind of set in an AU where the music club members are pretty reckless and rebellious teenagers. (For example, skipping classes, cheating on tests, vaping, etc..) Also, this oneshot is inspired by a song that I lowkey love called 'Nice Guys Finish Last' by Cobra Starship. I use some of the lyrics and interpret it into the story. The storyline of the song is seemingly about two boys who crush on the same girl, however they both have different views on how to treat the girl. One boy says to treat the girl with much kindness and respect, while the other boy says that girls love bad boys and you can treat them as badly as you want as they will always cling onto you. For me, that reminded me of Jake and Drew, which is how I got the idea as they both argue about what kind of guy Hailey would like to have.

Ships featured:
-Drew x Hailey (Drailey)

~

Both of their brown coloured eyes watched the girl walk down the hallway with much interest as they smirked helplessly to themselves. The teenage girl looked at her phone as she seemed to be texting a number of people. She didn't pay any attention to the boys that were staring at her. Instead, she just blocked them out.

Though she was focused on her text messages, she suddenly heard a wolf whistle, which made her turn her head around towards the source of the sound. There, she locked eyes with a student who had magenta-coloured hair and eyes the colour of a dark chocolate. He grinned mischievously at her and winked. His name was Drew, a popular student among the others in the school.

"Hey there, Hailey.." He dug his hands into the pockets of his hoodie. Drew could see how Hailey smiled back at him, raising an eyebrow up. "How are you doing, muffin..?"

Hailey scoffed in amusement, chuckling under her breath. "Oh, Drew. How lovely it is to see you.." She examined her fingernails, flicking the inside of her gums with her tongue. "I'm doing quite alright.."

"So, do you have any plans after school today..?" Another student joined in on the conversation, making Hailey divert her eyes away from Drew. It was a boy named Jake, who was Drew's best friend. Hailey took notice of the fact that Jake had a playful grin shown on his face. This just made the smirk on her lips grow even wider.

"Why..? Do you wanna ask me out on a date?" Hailey teased the blond-haired teen, seeing him shrug in response.

"Aww, you read my mind.." Jake replied, winking along with it.

"Really Jake? Well, that's too bad, 'cause Hailey and I will be going out later tonight.." Jake scoffed at Drew's comment as he watched his friend and Hailey exchange flirtatious looks with one another.

"Pfft! As if, Drew! It's obvious that Hailey would much rather go out on a date with me!" Jake boasted, smiling with his teeth. "Isn't that right, princess..?"

Hailey shrugged her shoulders, chuckling to herself. "Maybe. Just maybe, Jakey. God, you boys are too much. I can't even go to my own locker without you two calling out to me like kicked puppies. So, I'm going to leave now, and do just that.."

After having made up her mind, Hailey began to head her own way again, knowing fully well that the boys were watching her leave with cheeky grins on their faces. She soon disappeared into the corridors, leaving the two best friends by themselves.

"God, she really is something else.." Jake murmured, his cheeks glowing a deep red. "I can't wait for the day she finally becomes my girlfriend.."

"Yeah, that's real cute, Jake. But you, and pretty much everyone in this school, knows that it is I who Hailey will end up with.." Drew replied, snickering at Jake's baffled reaction.