🌡Under The Weather🌡

"Achoo..!"

"Bless you, babe.."

Jake pulled a tissue out from its box, handing it to his girlfriend. Hailey sniffled, her nose giving off a light red colour.

"Thanks, hun.." Hailey replied, taking the soft sheet of tissue into her palm. She then held it up to her nose and blew into it, discarding the used tissue into a wastebasket that was near her and her boyfriend.

"Are you okay?" Jake asked, rubbing Hailey's back soothingly.

"Yeah, I am...Ugh, I hate being sick with the flu. I feel so awful.." Hailey sniffed again, the congested, stuffy feeling her nose produced irritating her.

"I understand. Being sick with the flu sucks.." Jake rubbed her shoulder, quickly grabbing another tissue from the box. "And that's why I'm here, taking care of you.."

Hailey smiled weakly as Jake handed her the tissue, taking it from him afterwards. "I really appreciate it, Jake. I really do. But, I don't want you to catch my sickness.." She blew into the tissue again, throwing it away soon after.

Jake chuckled lowly, kissing the top of her head. The action made Hailey blush as she looked up at him. "Hey, I don't care. I don't care if I catch the flu. All that matters to me is taking care of you, and ensuring that you get well soon..I don't care what you say, princess. I'm gonna look after you whether you like it or not!"

Hailey giggled, his words making her awe. "Oh, babe...You're so sweet." Jake grinned, cupping both of her warm cheeks. "What the hell did I do to deserve you..?"

"I'm the one who should be saying that, princess.." Jake pulled her in closer, their noses nearly touching the other's. They stayed in that position for only a minute or so before Jake parted away.

"Oh, nearly forgot! Your vegetable soup should be ready now! I left it alone for a bit for it to cool down. It's in the kitchen." Jake informed his girlfriend, causing her to almost gasp.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me.." Hailey sheepishly giggled. "You made me soup too?"

Jake nodded his head enthusiastically. "Sure did! And I made it all by myself too! Just for you, Hails! It was quite the challenge, but I managed."

"Jake...You didn't have to do that.." Hailey murmured, glancing off to a side of hers.

"Well, I wanted to. Here, let me go get it.." Jake then sat up from the sofa and began to walk off. He opened the door leading outside the living room and headed towards the kitchen to retrieve Hailey's bowl of soup.

Hailey rested on the couch patiently, hearing some noises come from the kitchen as she waited. Thinking to herself, she sighed happily. She felt so lucky and grateful to have such a loving and caring boyfriend. It was Jake that wrapped Hailey up in warm blankets, gave her hot chocolate, gave her medication, kept her company, and now he made food for her. He was doing so much for Hailey, and this just made her love him all the more.

"God, he is so amazing.." Hailey thought to herself. "I am so in love with him.."

----

"I'm back!"

Hailey heard Jake enter the room again, making her head turn towards the door. There, she saw Jake walk over to her with a white bowl of soup in his palms, transparent steam arising from it.

Hailey smiled upon seeing him. She watched Jake mix the soup lightly with a silver spoon before he sat down next to her.

"Alright, so it's still a tiny bit hot. I'll try to cool it down for you.." Jake said, using the spoon to get a spoonful of the soup, lifting it up carefully once it was done.