LV.

Once upon a time, in the celestial realm where the gods resided, there existed a bond so strong, even the heavens themselves could sense its power

Once upon a time, in the celestial realm where the gods resided, there existed a bond so strong, even the heavens themselves could sense its power. This is the story of Zeus and Helios, two gods whose lives intertwined in a whirlwind of love and tragedy, a tale I now recount to my son, Hyunjin.

In my youth, I was much like you, Hyunjin — full of hopes and dreams, but burdened by the expectations of those around me. It was during this time that I met Helios, a radiant god whose smile could light up the entire universe. We studied side by side, forged immense strength through countless battles, and shared the weight of responsibility in our divine duties.

But as the years passed, our friendship blossomed into something deeper and more profound. We fell madly in love, aware that our affection for one another defied the norms of our divine society. Our families, who had always known us as best friends, would never understand the depth of what we felt. We knew the consequences of pursuing our love, yet the heart wants what it wants, and we could not resist its call.

Thus, Zeus and Helios embarked on their forbidden love, straying from the paths of heaven that had once been their home. For a brief, beautiful time, we reveled in the freedom to love one another openly, our hearts filled with joy and contentment. But alas, such happiness was not destined to last.

News of our love reached the ears of our families, sending shockwaves through the celestial realms. They deemed it inappropriate for two gods, especially two boys, to be in love, casting aside the purity and strength of our bond. In an act of desperate intervention, they conspired to tear us apart, employing deception to poison our hearts against each other.

Lies were spun, whispered into our ears like venom. We were told twisted tales that portrayed us as enemies, stripping away the love that had once burned so brightly within us. Zeus and Helios were forced into separate lives, doomed to walk paths we had never chosen for ourselves.

We were commanded to marry women, to fulfill our familial duties and propagate future generations of gods. And so, we did as we were told, yearning for each other in the depths of our souls, silently carrying the weight of our unrequited love. Our true desires were buried beneath layers of falsity, replaced by the facade of a life we never wanted.

Years turned into centuries, and we continued our existence in this state of living lies. Zeus and Helios, once inseparable, were kept apart by circumstances beyond our control. We hated each other, or at least we were led to believe we did, as our hearts remained locked away, unwilling to betray the love we truly felt.

And now, my dear Hyunjin, I share this story with you, not only to reveal the depth of my past, but also to remind you that love, true love, cannot be extinguished. It endures even in the darkest of times, no matter the lies that try to conceal its flame.

In this life, you may encounter difficulties and hardships, but I implore you, my son, to stay true to yourself. Do not let the expectations of others drown out the beat of your heart. For even if love is forbidden, it can never truly be destroyed.

Remember, Hyunjin, that the gods, just like mortals, are vulnerable to the complexities of love. And though your circumstances may differ from mine, you must never forget that the power of love, even in its most tragic form, possesses the ability to transcend time and space, forever etching its mark upon our immortal souls.

As Zeus finished his story, his son Hyunjin sat in silence, his mind racing with questions. "Father," he asked tentatively, "why didn't you and Helios talk to each other after your families separated you? Why did you hate each other, even though you loved each other?"

Zeus let out a heavy sigh, his eyes filled with regret. "My son, the truth is that we couldn't bring ourselves to talk to each other. The lies that were spread about us poisoned our minds and hearts, and we couldn't see past them. It was easier to hate than to face the pain of what we had lost."

Hyunjin's heart ached at his father's words. "But what about Felix and me? Will we end up like you and Helios?"

Zeus looked at his son with a solemn expression. "I hope not, my son. I hope that you and Felix will be able to overcome any obstacles and be true to your hearts. Love is not easy, but it is worth fighting for."

Hyunjin nodded, determination shining in his eyes. "I won't let anyone tell me who I can or can't love. I won't let fear and societal norms dictate my happiness."

Zeus smiled at his son, pride and affection evident in his gaze. "That's my boy. Follow your heart, and never forget that I will always support you, no matter what."

And with those words of encouragement, Hyunjin left his father's side, ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead, knowing that his father's story had given him the strength to fight for love, no matter the cost.

With his heart beating rapidly and his thoughts consumed by the memory of his father's tale, Hyunjin made his way towards the flower path. He walked slowly, taking in the beauty of the sunflowers, the sweet fragrance of the blossoms tickling his nose.

As he walked, he picked two of the most beautiful flowers, their vibrant yellow petals a symbol of his hope and love. With trembling hands, he attached a small note to each stem, carefully crafting his words with care and tenderness.

Once the notes were attached, he turned to one of the palace maids who was observing him curiously. "Excuse me," he said, his voice quiet but firm. "Will you please deliver these flowers to Felix, the son of Helios? And say that they are from Gaia, the goddess of Earth. It's important that his father not be suspicious and think that some woman is interested in his son."

The maid looked at Hyunjin in surprise, her eyes widening as she took in his request. But she could see the determination in his eyes and nodded, taking the flowers from his shaking hands.

"I'll take care of it," she promised, giving him a small smile of encouragement. "Go, my prince. Follow your heart."

And with that, Hyunjin watched as the maid walked away, the sunflowers in her hands now a symbol of his love and devotion. The memory of his father's story still weighed heavily on his mind, but he knew that he wouldn't let it dictate his own fate. He would fight for his love, no matter the consequences.

......................................................
oh another pair of lovebirds! :)
and the freaking sunflowers you were asking for since like the chapter eight or something

oh another pair of lovebirds! :)and the freaking sunflowers you were asking for since like the chapter eight or something

cookie for y'all.
btw tysm for 9k! i'm jumping

tae