Chapter 25: Call Me Red

It happened late one night while Harley was at work.

Casey was sitting on the couch watching TV in the living room. Poison Ivy was in her room, but then she came out, got herself and Casey something to drink, and sat down with him on the other side of the couch. She wasn't too interested in what was going on, and neither was Casey honestly.

"Do you wanna put something on?" He asked, holding out the remote to her. Ivy shook her head.

"No, thanks. I don't really watch TV. If it's not the news, it hardly interests me, and even then, it doesn't really interest me." Ivy said with a chuckle. Casey scoffed and nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, I'm right there with you. I just don't feel like working on anything. I'm in a lazy mood." Casey said humorously.

"I've been feeling lazy since I got here. I've hardly done anything really. I'm ready to get back to my babies." She expressed.

"Aww, sick of us already?" Casey joked. Ivy rolled her eyes and smiled.

"Only a little bit," She answered to tease him. "I'm sure you and Harley will appreciate it when I no longer come between the two of you when you want to be romantic and intimate." She added.

"What do you mean? Like you think you make things awkward? 'Cause we've never really felt that way." He quickly reassured her.

"Well either way, I can't stay here forever." She commented.

"Yeah yeah of course, I'm just letting you know you're not imposing at all." He said.

"I know. But this place is yours and Harley's. I want you two to be able to get back to your relationship without having to accommodate for me." She explained.

"I see," Casey hummed and nodded. "I appreciate that...we're not making you feel awkward, are we?" He asked.

"No! No, it's nothing like that at all...okay, maybe part of me feels like I'm getting in the way sometimes." She admitted. Casey immediately turned towards her.

"Aww, no no, it's not like that. It's not a big deal, honestly. Harley and I are doing just fine, I promise." Casey said with a chuckle.

"Heheh, well that is good. You two are doing good. Where do you think you two will end up?" She asked curiously.

"Huh? What, like where do I see the two of us going?" He asked.

"Yes." Ivy answered slowly with a nod, feeling that the meaning behind her question was quite obvious.

"Oh! Uhh," Casey sat back and thought about this for a bit. He pursed his lips and looked to the side, nodding slowly. "I don't know." He answered with a shrug.

"No? You two seem so...dead set on each other now, I figured by now you would be making some grandiose plans." Ivy shared her presumptions. Again, Casey shook his head and chuckled this time.

"Heheh, nah. I'm just enjoying things while they last." He said.

This comment gave Ivy pause.

"While they last? What do you mean by that?" She asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Just that," He shrugged again. "I mean, that's not really the best answer to give, heheh, but it's true."

"You don't want things to last with Harley?" She asked.

"No, I do! I'm gonna be in this relationship as long as she wants to be with me, there's no doubt about that. I'm just not expecting it to last forever." He explained honestly.

"Why not?" She continued to ask questions, now starting to grow worried.

"Why would it?" He replied shortly, sitting back on the couch and kicking his feet up.