Chapter 24: House Party (Part Two)

Harley decided to take a small step back after having that conversation with Casey about his old friends. She couldn't help but feel bad; on the one hand, she was glad that she didn't embarrass herself by going off on Casey and June thinking that he was flirting with someone else right in front of her...

But on the other hand, she still didn't like the way that the two of them were interacting with one another. Seeing the two of them talking and laughing and being close, likely in the way they've always been, only reminded her of Casey's history when it came to women and unsuccessful relationships – not to say that was his fault.

Casey was definitely not the type to spite her intentionally like Joker would, and of course she knew that, but she was still having trouble fighting off those same feelings of jealousy and anger.

"Harl, if you're so bothered by the two of them are talking, why don't you just say something to him?" Ivy asked after observing the expression with which she was watching them.

"Ah-wh-what do ya mean, Red? Psh, I'm-I'm not bothered by it at all! Why, do I look bothered by it?" Harley asked, leaning away self-consciously while pressing a finger to her chin.

"Harley, dear, just go up and say something to him." She insisted. However, Harley shook her head at this.

"I can't, Red! I just talked with him about how much his friends mean to him. I can't just barge in there and tell 'em to split. He's not even doing anything wrong. I'm the one that's being stupid feeling like this." Harley said with a huff, pouting and folding her arms.

"Your feelings are your feelings, Harley; there's nothing stupid about them. If you're bothered by what he's doing, you need to make it known. Unless you're worried he'll have a bad reaction?" Ivy wondered, raising her eyebrow a little.

"No no, Casey's a sweetheart, he wouldn't do that. I just feel like I'm overthinking it." Harley argued.

"Yes. You are. Talk to him about it!" Ivy insisted once more.

"Alright, alright, I will later! Sheesh!" Harley finally gave in, sipping her drink irritably. Ivy sat back and took a sip of her drink too.

"Honestly, Harley, I don't blame you for feeling like that. That June girl seems nice and all, but I can't say I fully trust her around Casey." She commented.

"Whattaya mean, Red?" Harley asked, looking at her.

"Well, here we are at this party. She knows you're here, and yet she's still there leaning on him and touching his arm. Unless she's an idiot, she knows what that looks like. Maybe she doesn't have those sort of intentions, but it sure seems that way.

"Casey may see her as just a best friend, but that doesn't necessarily mean that she doesn't want more. Again, it's between you and Casey to discuss, I would just say be mindful of her. It's usually the 'best friends' that you have to watch out for the most." Ivy advised.

"Got it," Harley nodded in understanding. "Thanks, Red. I don't know what I would do without you." She said to her appreciatively.

"You'd be quite a wreck, yes." Ivy teased her lightly, smiling and sipping her drink again. Harley chuckled at this.

After that conversation with Ivy, Harley decided that she would have a talk with Casey about June another time. For now, she decided to join Casey by the DJ table; she figured that'd be one way to 'mark' her territory, as it were.

"Wow, babe! All this stuff looks so technical. I'd be lost tryna figure all this out!" She said with a laugh. Casey chuckled at this.

"I owe my success to Mac. He's the one who got me into this."