Chapter 4: Cutie

Harley stretched her arms out as she came downstairs. According to the clock, it was almost noon now. She was used to sleeping in until the afternoon, so she wasn't surprised to see that Casey was already awake and going about his day.

However, she was surprised to see what he was doing when she first came down.

"Hey, Harley. Nice of you to finally rejoin the land of the living." He greeted her, chuckling at the end of his teasing comment. She yawned and smiled at him.

"What can I say? I'm not much of an early bird anyways," She shrugged. "Are you cooking?"

"Yeah! I was, uh, gonna make you breakfast as payback for last time, but then you never woke up," He explained with a chuckle. "So I'm doing a bigger lunch instead."

"Aww thanks!" She smiled, going up next to him and kissing him on the cheek, "Chicken and noodles, huh? Looks good!" She said, resting a hand on his arm as she looked over the food.

"Yeah, I hope it turned out good. I've only done this a couple times." He admitted.

"Well, I'll have to judge it, but it looks like it should be in a restaurant!" She complimented with a laugh. He chuckled and looked down at her.

"Well thanks," He said before smooching her. "Bet you never had a guy cook for you the day after, huh?" He joked, referencing back to Harley's comment the first time she had stayed over.

"Definitely not! So whether it's good or not, you're already the first!" She giggled.

"Well that's a win in my book. You mind pouring the drinks? Food's almost done." Casey requested.

"Yep! I gotcha!" Harley nodded.

The two went about serving themselves then sat down together to enjoy their meal. Much to Casey's relief, the food turned out very good! Harley was very appreciative of his gesture; it was completely unlike anything she'd experienced before.

Staying with Casey felt to her like living a completely different life; one that belonged to someone else.

"This food is really good, Casey. I'm actually impressed." She said sincerely.

"Good! That's a relief. I made this a few times with my family, but I've only attempted it by myself like twice. This is the best it's turned out." He chuckled a little.

"Third time's a charm. Plus you knew it would impress me, so it had to turn out well." She joked. Casey laughed and shook his head.

"Yeah a little. At least I scored a few points."

"More than a few." Harley said softly, smiling at him. Casey looked away bashfully and chuckled.

"Well...that's good." He smiled to himself.

"Haha, you're cute," Harley giggled and sipped her drink. "You know, Casey...I think I'm really starting to like you." She said. Despite her lingering emotions with the Joker, she did believe this to be true.

"Yeah? I like you too." Casey replied with an awkward chuckle.

"You do?" She asked, her head lifting and her eyes widening in surprise.

"Enough to say so, yeah." Casey answered, chuckling again.

"Yeah haha," Harley said, tapping her fingers on the table. "So...whatcha wanna do about it?' She asked.

"I don't know. You just got out of a major breakup, didn't you? You sure you wanna get into all that stuff?" Casey asked honestly. The thought of this gave Harley pause for a second, but she decided to risk it.