Chapter 17: Lies

Casey came home from work the next evening feeling a little sluggish. When he entered through the front door, he turned and expected Harley to come down quickly to welcome him home like she always did. However, she didn't show up at all.

"Huh," Casey hummed curiously and locked the door behind him. "Babe? You home?" He called out.

"I'm upstairs, sweetie!" Harley called back down to him.

Casey went upstairs to the bedroom. That's where he found Harley; she was in the middle of packing some clothes up in one of his small suitcases. His eyes widened in surprise.

"Hey, honey. What's going on?" He asked with a hint of worry. Harley winced a little, sensing the concern in his voice. However, she forced a smile and turned back towards him.

"Yeah! Sorry it came up so last minute. Red asked me to stay with her for a few days. She just moved into a new place, and she needs help getting everything in order. So I told her that I would just bring my stuff and we could make a whole sleepover thing out of it, y'know?" She explained as she zipped up the suitcase.

"Ohh I see. Everything okay with her? Anything I can do to help out?" He asked.

"Aww, you know I would say yes, but Poison Ivy has some...issues with...she doesn't like men that much," She said, rocking her head side to side and rubbing his arms. "But don't you worry. I'll call you and text you as much as I can. I promise!" She kissed him on both cheeks.

"Heheh, alright. That's too bad that you gotta go though. I'll miss you." Casey said, kissing her on the forehead. She smiled up at him.

"I'm gonna miss you too, sweetheart. But don't worry! Catwoman says she might stop byyy - it'll be fun. I'm gonna have some nice girl time with my best friends, and then I'll come right back as soon as everything's taken care of." She promised.

"Sounds like a plan," Casey said, giving her a kiss. "Take pictures."

"Haha of course, baby, of course," She giggled. They kissed again, but then Harley heard a car honking just outside of the house. "Oh! That must be Red! I should go!" She said, giving him a kiss on the cheek again.

"Oh yeah? Here, let me help you get your stuff out." He said, picking up her suitcase.

"Aww thanks, baby!" She said appreciatively.

The two of them went downstairs and out the front door. Sure enough, there was Poison Ivy parked right up in front of the house in her green car, "Hey, Red!" Harley called out to her, waving as she ran up to the car.

"Hey, Harley. Ready to go?" She asked.

"Yep! Casey's got my suitcase right there. You can just put it in the back seat, hun." Harley said. Casey nodded and set it down gently on the seat.

"There you go. Hey, Ivy. It's nice to see you again." Casey greeted her politely and smiled. Ivy lowered her sunglasses and looked at him. She gave him a quick nod.

"Nice to see you too, Casey. Looks like your injuries have all healed up. I'm glad you're alright." She said. It was hard to tell how sincere she was being, but Harley was glad to hear that she was being nice to him nonetheless.

"I appreciate that, thank you. Harley says you moved into a new place. Hope everything transitions smoothly for you. Have fun, Harley. Love you." Casey smiled and waved to her.

"I love you too, baby! Goodbye!" Harley waved to him as Ivy started to drive away. She got up in her seat to turn back towards him. "I miss you already! Mwah!" She blew him a kiss as they pulled away.

"Please don't fall out of my car, Harley. I'm not coming back for you." Ivy joked dryly, putting her sunglasses back on. Harley got back in her seat and put her seatbelt on.