Scott shook his head. "I'm fine" he said with a smile on his pretty face that Dae knew all too well was forced and fake. "You don't have to worry about me" he added glancing at their surroundings. 

"I want to ask you out on a date, Scott" Dae said eyes fixated on the beta.

This time their eyes met for a brief moment before Scott quickly averted his gaze. "I am sorry but I can't– I uhm have classes, I will see you around. Dae'in" he said and without waiting for Dae's response he was already walking toward his classes.

The way the beta talked made Dae certain that something wasn't right, he asked several times after that day but Scott just gave him the same answer. 'i am fine'. He wanted to read his thoughts but the promise he made to Scott 5 years ago made him unable to do it, he had promised never to invade the beta's mind without his consent.

And that promise was eating him from the inside, he couldn't do anything but wait for Scott to tell him the real problem when he's ready, that's if he would ever tell him.

And he couldn't help but wonder if Scott had found someone else, he was so worried. Worry that one of those Alphas would claim Scott, worry that someone else would finally see what he saw in Scott and steal him away; somewhere where Dae couldn't find him. 

With another loud sigh, Dae closed his eyes to catch some sleep. Those sort of worries encompassing his mind as he fell asleep. 
***

"Hey.”

Dae woke up with a silent groan, eyes hazy with sleep clinging onto his eyelashes. There was something so welcoming about the voice that he smiled.

 “Scott…” he murmured. Thinking it was a dream, he nuzzled into the soft hand that had slipped down from his hair. He had had lot of those, the dreams of having Scott in front of him.

He had also learned to accept the bitterness of waking up and finding it had been nothing but a figment of his imagination. Had learned to be resigned to the emptiness curling in the pit of stomach too.

“Dae.” Scott's voice was too real, too intimate and Dae didn’t want to crawl out of this beautiful dream .But he opened his eyes and that's when his nose caught the faint saint of strawberries–despite Scott being a beta, Dae's super senses allowed him to catch his scent perfectly. Which to others, Scott was scentless but not to Dae.

Scott was kneeling in front of him with a gentle look on his face, hesitance in every action of his. When Dae didn’t do anything, he carefully ran a finger through his hair, carding it back. His eyes looked so impossibly tender that the breath caught in Dae's throat.

“Is that offer for a date still available?” Scott mouth pursed nervously, voice trembling. Dae looked at him with half lidded eyes, lips quirking up lazily. He closed his eyes and turned to nuzzle into the beta's fingers, rubbing his cheek against it. He brought his hand up to hold Scott's hand in place gently, pressing his lips to the dark blue veins running down on the inside of his wrist.  “If you’d still like to have me, I’d like to give it a try.”

 “Still like to have you,” Dae repeated incredulously with breathy laughter in his voice. “I have never wanted anyone like I want you, Scott. ” he added. "It's not easy for someone to catch my eye but you Scott has done a very good job in doing that and you have no idea how long you've been in my mind. I've been waiting for you for my whole damn life"

Scott's eyes were wide, soft and vulnerable. He bit down on his lip harshly, tears prickling at the corner of his eyes as he stared at Dae.

He was trying his hardest not to run away again, Dae recognized the look in his eyes. Dae might come on too strong, too intense, but he had never really known any other way of living life. Reserving himself, quieting himself down when all he wanted was to express his opinions – it was just a way of putting limits to his urges, to make himself comfortable in front of the harsh public eye and not call attention to himself.