Chapter twenty three

Felix's jaws clenched and his eyes widened in horror "Who is coming?" He asked his son.

Jae blinked a few times, as they changed back to the normal brown color. "The bad uncle and lots of other bad men with guns."

"Jung-gu" Felix breathed out briefly glancing frantically at Hyunjin, turning his gaze to Soobin. "I thought the realm cannot be tracked"

"By wolves. Yes, but I was told that the President's son has taken some of Dae's grace, which means he can have access to the realm."

"Oh my God, what do we do now? You heard Jae said he's coming with a army, how do we stop–"

"Forgive me for cutting you off but we have only one option." Jaehyun said, rising to stand now completely healed.

"And what's that?"

"Fight, we're going to be ready when they get here"  Jaehyun said. "I will go tell our army to gear up" He added bowing deeply at Felix and Hyunjin before making his way out with Taeyong trailing behind his mate.

Sighing, Felix turned to face Soobin, his brows ceased with worry."Is this the only solution?" He asked helplessly, he didn't want any sort of bloodshed.

"I think there might be something–" Soobin started but Felix quickly cut him off.

"What is it?"

"Mating the wolf prince, it would make everyone bow to your will, just like how it's been stated in the book of prophecies, you can command them to stand down and they'll follow you both" 

Felix went silent as he allowed the information to sink in. Would that really be the best thing to do? He wasn't sure because he felt as if he would be taking the people's choices away from them. He ran his fingers through his hair, letting out another sigh. "I get it, but won't that be like taking the people's choices away? I mean they'll have to follow us no matter what it might cost them"

"Believe me my prince, it won't cost anything but harmony between the two species, you're both born to rule us whether we like it or not, so please don't see it negatively, see it in a positive way. It will help and save a lot of lives, I've waited for this moment for a very long time my prince. I spent almost a century dreaming of the day you'd both arrive and take this country under your rule. We've suffered enough, our kind have suffered so much. It's time for foxes to rise, is time for everyone to be happy and live freely, and you princes are the only ones capable of bringing that harmony to everyone. I am not saying this because I am a fox, I am saying this as a citizen of this country. Like gravity from underneath, we can’t outrun our destiny, it is your destiny to rule us, It’s in your flesh, in your blood. This reckoning has just begun." Soobin finished with a deep breath. 

"You think the people would follow us willingly?"

"The foxes will lay their lives for you"

"And the wolves?"

"They'll lay their lives for the true Royal. Which is Mr. Hwang Hyunjin here"

"And what if– wait a second" Felix just realized what Soobin had said. "You lived almost a century?" He asked eyes going wide.

"Yes your highness"

"You're almost a 100 years old?" He asked, disbelief on his face.

"Yes, I am 84"

"How? You don't look any more than in your thirties, how's this possible?"

"Not just me but many other foxes in this realm looks younger than their actual ages, like Jaehyun, he's 57 but I bet he'll pass as 27 year old" Soobin chuckled softly before he continued. "Two hundreds years ago when our ancestors built this realm, they had an ancient witch put a slow aging spell, afraid that soon our species would go extinct because of how the wolves had began to exterminate out kind,  in other to make sure we remain until the day the prophecy would be fulfilled, when wolves and foxes will live together as one, thus they put a spell." He explained. "And every fox or wolf who stepped a foot in here will benefit from it.  For example your friends that you came with are now all under it as well, they won't age quickly just like all of us . Even after going back to the outside world the effect will last forever."