chapter eleven

Pushing down his turmoil, Felix bit his lip. He quickly stood up and held his son's hand tightly. "Hyunjin i will be right back. i need to talk to Jae for a moment," he said and began to walk into his children's room without waiting for Hyunjin's response.

He sat at the edge of Jae's bed, pulling the boy close to him. "Sweetheart I want to ask you something. And I need you to be honest with me, can you do that for me?"

The boy nodded. "Okay"

"What do you mean Hyunjin is your father?"

"I know Papa, I know his our other father"

Felix's breath got caught up in his throat until his brain reminded him to breath again. "Since when?"

"I... I don't know. I smelled him closely a few days back and just knew."

Yeah, that made sense. Pups were supposed to find their parents by scent, after all. Felix should've thought about that instead of lying to his children. He sighed and rubbed his temple. "I am sorry I hid the truth from you– well technically speaking i didn't know Hyunjin was the same friend you told me about until today."

"Are you going to tell him the truth?" Jae asked.

"I will eventually, but not today, and i want you to continue keeping it to yourself. Can you do that for me?"

"Why?"

"We just got together and I don't want to pressure him– but why didn't you tell me that you found your Dad?"

Jae scratched the back of his head."I wasn't sure until today when I saw you two talking and I also learned that he has onion allergy just like me."

Nodding, Felix pulled his son into his arms."Were you going to tell him earlier?" He asked resting his chin on Jae's head.

"No" the boy shook his head. "I wouldn't tell him if you're not okay with it."

Felix tightened his hold around his son's little frame. "Does Dae know?"

"He doesn't"

"Thank you for keeping it to yourself"

"It's okay Papa."

They went silent for a moment, as Felix continued to rub his son's back. "About uncle Chris, what did you do to him?" He lifted his head to look at the boy's face.

"I am sorry I lost control, I didn't know what got into me, I saw my Dad in danger and something in me snapped like how it happened earlier with Ria. And I don't know what I did to him, I would never hurt uncle Chris on purpose." The boy was too smart for his age, that Felix something was having it hard to believe his son was truly four and half.

With a smiled, he pulled his son to his chest once again. "I know, I know baby, just try and control yourself next time. People are always going to keep hurting us with their words or physically, you can't keep acting on instincts, you have to control yourself, the world is dangerous out there for our kind. Okay?"

The boy nuzzled his father's neck with a nod. "Okay, I will try"

"Promise me you won't do something like that to anyone ever again, no matter who was getting hurt– I can't lose you Jae, you have to be careful." The emotions in his tone was raw even to his own ears.

"I promise Papa, I am sorry for making you worry"

"It's okay sweetie" he rubbed the boy's back a few times, before he adding."About your Dad, if he asks you why you said those words, can you lie a little for me?"

"But lying is bad, you said so yourself"

Drawing back, Felix look at his son properly. "I know I said that, but do this for me please, just tell him you said that because you consider him your father, since he's now my boyfriend?" He said a bit unsure.