Chapter twenty six

8 months later.

It had been eight months since their wedding and coronation, eight months since Hyunjin and Felix had been ruling the country surprisingly well. Hyunjin never knew they both had it in them to rule, he believed they were just really born as natural leaders.

With two homes, the blue house in the outside world and the castle in the realm, they've been living in both places because the foxes refused to leave the realm and move into the cities, but they had agreed to leave the gates open and take the dome down. Felix had established a permanent portal with the help of another fox, a few feet away from Han river for any fox or wolf from the outside world that have the interest of residing in the realm. Felix had also set up a program that allowed wolves to come into the realm every week to spend a day in it, so they could benefit from the non-ageing magic as well. Every wolf who lived in the outside world had their names registered and selected accordingly each week.

Hyunjin was very proud of his husband, he'd wanted to propose the idea but was reluctant because it was the foxes' realm after all, they have the right to keep their magic to themselves if they didn't wish for others to benefit from it. And then Felix proposed the idea and it made Hyunjin so happy to know that their minds think alike.

The Hwangs: Hyunjin's mom, Yeji, Lia and Ria had been brought to spend a few days in the realm as well. His mother get along pretty well with Felix and her grandkids. It brought a smile to Hyunjin's face when he saw their interactions, but something was still missing. His father. Even though the elder had made some mistakes that Hyunjin was certain he regretted, Hyunjin still loved his Dad and he wanted all of them to be one big happy family.

Hyunjin had only seen his father twice in the past eight months ,because the elder was obviously avoiding him. And when Felix offered Mr. Hwang to come stay a few days in the realm, his father politely declined, saying he didn't deserve it, he didn't deserve to live long after all he'd done to his son and his family, he didn't deserve to come into the realm after all the hatred he showed the foxes for most of his life. His mother told Hyunjin that his Dad hadn't been himself since the day Hyunjin left when Dae got abducted, he blamed himself even though he was not involved.

Hyunjin tried to talk to his father when his mother told him about how his dad hadn't been eating properly, but the elder wouldn't meet Hyunjin, no matter how many times Hyunjin went to see him, his Dad wouldn't come out of his room. Eventually Hyunjin gave up on trying to talk to the elder, he knew it would take some time for his Dad to be comfortable with the foxes as part of his son's family.

His mother was chosen as one of the royal officials, the position was firstly offered to his father but of course Mr. Hwang declined the offer and gave the position to his wife instead. And not just the Hwangs had a say in the royal court, the Lees(Minho and Haechan's family ) as well as Mark's were also amongst the royal court. The only young person in the court apart from Hyunjin and Felix, was Seungmin. Felix had insisted on Seungmin to be given a position as well, some of the foxes elders were against it, saying Seungmin was too young to have a say in the court, but Felix being the King made his decision clear and no one dared to oppose him. 

Hyunjin was just so proud of his husband for so many things, like how he stood firm on every decisions he made, how he took care of the people and his family, how he showed his kindness and generosity to everyone and how he give orders and received so much Love from the people effortlessly without needing to use his abilities on them. Hyunjin knew he was far from being as good as his mate. But he didn't mind, that was why he have Felix by his side to guide him. Being the leaders of a nation had it's cons and pros, but the pros over weighed the cons and Hyunjin was happy with the life he had.

Despite having their lives in both worlds, their pups mostly stayed in the realm.  They spent the nights in the realm and occasionally in the blue house –that was now called the royal palace– either way its just a portal away.