The end.

Warning alert!!! A little description of rape. Don't say I didn't warn you.  I will mark where it starts and ends with three stars like ***

His day had been long, loaded with classes, studying, lab projects, and stalking Scott. His muscles probably shouldn’t have been so worn out, but Dae decided it had something to do with the stress that had been keeping him up at nights. It’s been 3 months since he’s had a decent night of sleep, and it had begun to show on his face in the form of dark circles under his eyes and a far paler complexion when compared to his usual healthy tan skin.

He felt it in his bones as well, the way the stress had carved itself a home. He rested his head against the desk for a moment and wondering if bashing his skull through it would be too dramatic. Then decided against the very tempting thought of ramming his head through instead. It’s too messy, anyway.

He closed the his laptop, pushing it to the side before rising to his feet, he took a deep breath, groaning as he flop onto his bed face first and trying to suffocate himself with his pillow, the moment his front hit the soft matrass he found his mind dominated with worry.

Closing his eyes briefly, his mind wandered back to the love of his life for the hundredth time that day, he just couldn't understand why the other suddenly became distant. For their 12 and half years of friendship, Scott had been open about what he wanted, never let go of a chance to tell Dae how handsome he looked, or how talented he was, and there was a sincerity in his voice that made Dae want to curl in on himself.

Scott was open and oblivious while Dae was closed in and hyper aware. It made being with him feel like he’s in a constant state of embarrassment. Dae was taking time to confess and just when he was ready to tell Scott how he truly felt, the beta started pushing him away. But be didn't let that discourage him when he asked Scott out on a date and the beta promptly rejected him.

He remembered how he was supposed to meet up with the boy 3 months ago, but couldn't make it because Aurora suddenly fell sick and he couldn't leave his baby sister with the girls alone, when his parents and brother were out of town. The next day he went to see Scott, the beta refused to come out of his room no matter how long Dae stayed hoping to catch a glimpse of the other, eventually Scott's Dad (Seungmin) asked him to go home, and promised to talk to his son. 

Dae knew, Scott didn't share secrets.  He didn't talk about himself or how he was feeling sometimes. Even when it’s plainly visible on his face and body, he never vocalized it, preferring to keep it wrapped up behind dull eyes and exhausted smiles. But Dae couldn't help but wonder what happened that the beta refused to see him that day, because he was sure it was more than just being upset because Dae couldn't make it as promised the night prior.

He wanted Scott to know that he would be there for him like how Scott was always there for Dae; ready at any moment's notice to calm Dae down, to talk about his worries, reassuring him that everything would always be okay. He wanted to be that person for Scott, but he didn't know how to if Scott wouldn't give him the chance.

From there, it was playing hide and seek with him. Scott would run whenever he caught the sight of Dae, but Dae didn't give up, he continued to chase after the beta and It was a week later that Dae was able to trap him and demanded for answers,

"Why are you avoiding me" Dae had asked 

Scott refused to meet his eyes as he said. "I wasn't"

"Then how come whenever I called you you'll ignore me like you didn't hear me?"

Scott chewed on his lower lip, but didn't raise his face to look at Dae, his fingers tugging at the strap of his backpack. "I am sorry I..."

"Scott talk to me. Please Hyung, if something is bothering you, I am here to listen. I promise."