chapter nine

30 minutes ago.

Hyunjin felt his heart shattering and his wolf howled dejectedly from the rejection. It had been a couple of hours since Felix left his office but Hyunjin couldn't bring himself to do anything other than sat in same spot, like a kicked puppy. He truly wished Felix would trust him and see that his love for the omega was genuine, he wished Felix would see and understand how he really felt about the younger. Nevertheless Hyunjin wouldn't give up just like that. He would keep trying until the omega accepted him.

Letting out a sigh, he ran his hands through his hair, needing something to calm his wolf and his aching heart. The only being that could bring peace to his mind at the moment was his little friend (Jae'in). The love and adoration he felt for the boy was unexplainable, and same for the boy's twin, he loved them without an actual reason, and he liked the feeling. Dae'in was shy around him and rarely spoke, but Hyunjin knew it was only a matter of time before he befriend him as well.

With the twins in mind, Hyunjin rose to his feet his intention fixated .He checked his watch and smiled, it was almost lunch time. He was sure his little friend would be in his usual spot in a few minutes.

Making his way out, he paused when he stepped out of the elevator that was close to the dance department. He didn't know why he even took that elevator instead of his usual. Hyunjin stood in place for a long moment, resisting the urge to just do what his heart wanted. Sighing, he shook his head gently, veering off the dance department.

He decided to get a takeout  for Jae from a nearby fast-food place before heading to the boy's school.

As expected Jae was sitting alone in his usual spot, the boy glanced up at Hyunjin the moment the alpha was close enough. "Hey buddy" Hyunjin greeted with a smile.

"Go away" Jae said turning his head to the side.

Hyunjin crouched down next to Jae, "Why? Did I do something wrong?" He asked, his heart racing at the sight of the sad boy.

The boy ignored him for a moment until Hyunjin gently place a hand on Jae's tiny arm. "My papa told me not to talk with strangers"

Hyunjin's eyes widened. "But I am not a stranger, I am your friend, right?"

"Friends don't break their promises"

"Did i–" Hyunjin paused as it suddenly dawned on him, he had promised to come see Jae everyday and had missed yesterday. His already soft features softened even more as he caressed the boy's cheek. " I am so so sorry Jae'in, I had a very important meeting yesterday that's why I couldn't make it, but I won't do it again, I will make time for you no matter how busy I get, i promise for real" Jae refused to look up and Hyunjin tried again. "I will make it up to you– how about I come see you every morning and afternoon, and I will bring lunch even though I know your parent provide you with it, but i can bring you whatever you wanna eat. Just name it"

At that Jae slowly turned to face Hyunjin. "Promise?" There was some sort of hidden hope behind Jae's dark orbs as he asked.

Hyunjin nodded firmly " promise!"

"For real?"

"For real!"

Jae rewarded Hyunjin with a bright toothy smile that had the alpha smiling back almost immediately. "And I brought lunch to prove my self, though I don't know what you like, but I–" he paused, bringing out the takeout for Jae "I brought cucumber and onion salad and fish–"

"I don't eat onion." The boy cut off with a grimace"I am allergic to it" 

Hyunjin quirked an eyebrow, "Really?" He asked and the boy nodded "Oh what a coincidence, I don't eat onion as well"