chapter twenty eight

Felix stirred when he felt the fierce pup kicking the hell out of him at the oddest hours. Though it was accompanied by the onset of excruciating pain, Felix was relieved when his water broke; he was crying happy tears when he shook Hyunjin awake to tell him it’s time. "Hyunjin, Hyunjin! Wake up my water just broke" he said smiling through the contractions. "It's time"

Hyunjin just blinked at him owlishly for a solid ten seconds, and then he must've felt the quick spread of warmth underneath him — they were sleeping back to chest, not an inch of space between them after the hot sex they had a few hours back. “It’s time,” he repeated, slowly.

Then, it was as if Hyunjin had been electrified. “It’s TIME! Oh, okay, okay, we got this. You got this, baby. Are you hurting? I should call the doctor. We need to time your contractions. Did you pack your bag? Did you pack my bag? Fuck. How are you doing?”He said all that in one long, steady stream of panic as he jumped around their room, pulling clothes on and looking for his car keys. 

Felix held them up from their bedside table, smiling lazily at his excited mate. “Go wake up our sons,” he said, picking up his cellphone. “I’ll call my hyung. We can just drop Jae and Dae off on our way to the hospital, okay?”

Hyunjin looked pretty funny standing there, both terrified and bewildered. Gone was Felix's ultra masculine confident super-alpha; he had been replaced by what looked like a dog in headlights, with disheveled hair, wide eyes, and Felix loved him so much.

“I’ll wake up our sons,” Hyunjin parroted, apparently only able to accept commands and nothing else. He nearly tripped over himself as he turned and ran out of the room, leaving Felix to get himself out of bed and breathe through a contraction, braced against their dresser. He called Chris as soon as he felt he could speak, thankful Chris answered on the second ring. The uncles were more than happy, of course, to keep the pups with them while Felix delivered.

Felix flashed Hyunjin the thumbs up when he came back into their bedroom, carrying their sleepy and confused looking pups in both hands . “Thanks hyung, we’ll be there soon.”

Chris and Jeong-in were residing in a different area, far away from the castle but still somewhere inside the realm. The guards instantly approached to hold the twins when Hyunjin and Felix stepped out of the the bedroom, but Hyunjin shook his head. "I can manage." He said with a curt nod.

"But we still need to accompany and drive you, your majesty."

"No, it's okay, we'll still be in the realm, just go inform Jaehyun that we'll be at the hospital. The pup is coming" Felix told them, bracing his hand against the door frame.

The guards bowed deeply. "May you have a safe delivery your majesty." The senior guard said.

"Thank you!" Felix nodded before turning to walk down the hallway. Hyunjin instantly followed.

The ride in the car was rough. Hyunjin was trying to go as fast as he could without hitting pot holes, flying over speed bumps, or taking corners too sharply; it wasn't easy. Felix was clinging to the support handle above the window and bracing himself against the center console, trying to keep breathing like he was taught in psychoprophylaxis. Hyunjin's leg bounced erratically; he had both hands on the wheel.

Once another contraction passed, Felix took a deep breath and turned as much as he could to look at his pups, who were both now wide awake blinking up at him. "How are you doing back there, pups?" he asked, forcing a pained smile.

"Where are we going?" Dae asked, ignoring what was asked of them.

"To see your uncles!" Felix said, trying to reach back to caress Dae's knee but failing. "You're gonna have a sleepover with them while Daddy and I go to the hospital, okay?"