Chapter twenty two

Something awoken in Felix, watching his mate getting shot at, his inner fox cried out as it surfaced. The next thing he knew was, his mass warping in the most fastest way ever as his clothes ripped apart. He hadn't shift in a while but still he never shifted this fast either, even faster than the bullets Jung-gu shot at Hyunjin. His white fox jumped putting itself between Jung-gu and his mate.

"No, Felix don't" he heard his brother's shout.

But it was too late as he could feel the bullet hitting his fur right on his side, he never thought he'd die saving his mate, but he have no regret. Hyunjin was worth saving. He closed his eyes as he dropped to the floor, he could see and hear Hyunjin howling loudly as he lunged at Jung-gu but the latter made that infuriating gesture with his hand again and Hyunjin was thrown against a wall.

Whimpering at the sound of his mate's pained groans, Felix quickly stood on his four legs because surprisingly he didn't feel any pain, nor the smell of blood dripping from his body. He snarled baring his canines and was about to lunge for Jung-gu again when the door opened as tens of soldiers matched in, all of them fully armed and they all instantly pointed their guns at them.

"Ah it took you long enough" Jung-gu said jerking his head towards the men. Before turning to face Felix. "Oh you beautiful white thing, look at you, all pretty" he cooed "I see you're bullet proof just like your son huh?." He cocked his head to the side.

Felix turned his muzzle to the place he assumed he'd been shot, there was nothing, no blood, no sign of gun shot whatsoever. His body automatically carried itself towards Hyunjin and he began to nuzzle the Alpha. Even though Hyunjin was almost twice his size, it didn't stop him from nuzzling his Alpha's neck. He wanted to ease his mate's pain. Hyunjin brought out his large tongue and licked a fat strip up Felix's face. The omega let out a happy sound at the gesture.

Chris attempted taking a step towards Jung-gu but one of the men raised his gun higher to stop the Alpha. Chris snorted before he said. "You really think that can stop me?"

"You might be bullets proof and so is your brother, but his mate and your other pure wolves friends aren't, if you act reckless, you brother's mate will pay the price, and do you think he'll ever forgive you if that happens?"

Chris stopped, his eyes darting to his brother."You might have the upper hand now, but don't think it will be for long."

Felix let out a loud growl from where he was crouching next to Hyunjin. Jung-gu held his hands up in the air in mock surrender. "Oh Scary" he laughed before turning his attention to the men. "Fire on my command, just shoot blindly at whomever you could get. I wanted to capture the foxes and add them to my zoo along with the city ones I will capture in the future but I changed my mind. I will just massacre them all."

"Sir what about the boy?"

Jung-gu waved his hand. "Ah don't worry he's bullet proof. Just–"

"Stand down" Felix heard a foreign voice, he looked up, tracking the direction of the voice until he spotted the president walking in with two men in tow.

"Father!" Jung-gu called. "What a pleasant surprise. I see your health is getting better, but old people like you shouldn't be out here in such places, it's not good for your health. Don't you think?"

"What is the meaning of this Jung-gu?" The President asked, his eyes narrowing at his son. The man look old, older than how Felix remembered him to be, there were dark circles under his eyes and several wrinkle lines, clearly from being overly stressed.

Jung-gu clapped his hands together, bowing at his Dad. "I was just having some fun. Daddy, what's the fault in doing that?"

"This?" The President waved his hand around the room. "Is this what you call fun? Capturing innocent foxes? Experimenting on a 4 year old? A pup? I thought I raised you better than that."