Chapter 16: ...

Your POV:

Did he really? 

No... 

No-no! 

"Are you guys joking or what?" I spoke as the tears in my eyes threatened to fall. "No, I am so sorry, I didn't mean to do it. It- it just happened before I knew it." Martinus started, his voice was soft, filled with the guild he felt towards me.

"Before you knew what exactly?" I pushed him, it was only fair that I could get my answers that I needed.

"I fell in love with her..." He mumbled.

"Who is it?" I spoke up, not knowing if it was something I actually wanted to know. But when he didn't reply, I asked again, somewhat more demanding. "Tell me, Martinus! Tell me who it is!" The tears that were trying to escape, finally had their chance. And before I knew it, I was crying rivers.

The salty tears rolled down my cheek and I saw Martinus feeling conflicted, I could tell from how he leaned forward, but quickly took a step back. I was angry, sad, anxious all at once, but whatever he would say, whatever he would do to fix things, it wouldn't be enough.

He scratched behind his neck, our eye contact was broken, as he found the floor being far more interesting now. 

"I'm still waiting-"

"It is Hanna." He looked up, once more our eyes met and I couldn't believe what he was telling me. Hanna? 

"As in, Hanna my friend?" I felt betrayed, left alone and stabbed in the back. Not only by Martinus, but also by someone who I thought to be my friend. Clearly I made the wrong friends.

I was ready to speak as I opened my mouth, but decided against it as I pushed past him, running up the stairs to make my bags. I had enough, all the drama, this wasn't what I needed! 

When I was quickly pacing around, to fill the bag with everything I had laying around, I heard a knock on the door, having a feeling it would be the cheater from down stairs, I decided to keep my mouth shut. "Y/N?" A voice calmly spoke up, making me slow down packing. "Y/N, look I know you are in there, please open the door so we can talk?" 

At first I thought it was Martinus, but the man would know better so, I opened the door to find his brother on the other side of the door frame. 

Marcus.

"What do you want?" I questioned as I leaned against the wooden frame. "I just wanted to check in on you, you know, like a friend. Not like I would normally do." He laughed at the end to lighten up the mood and honestly, it worked.

It was actually nice of him, but any decent human being would react this way. but even with that in mind, I skipped over to embrace him, I needed that hug and even if it was Marcus, I wouldn't give a single fudge.

Whilst I was hugging him, I thought about it, he never attempted to actually hurt me, he was always nice and even left the girls hanging that were practically on their knees for him, all for me.

"Thank you Marcus." I said still hugging him. "There is one thing I wanted to know." He said to me, as I felt his arms softly loosen around me.

"What?" I asked him confused. "Would you... Would you ever love me?" He asked with hope in his eyes. But when I didn't reply, he nodded, turning around to walk away. 

"Wait!" I loudly said. He turned his body to me, occasionally looking into my eyes, "what is it Y/N?" I took his left cheek in my hand, a risky move after all what went down and gave him a much needed answer "I-I do love you. But it is a bit too fast. I need to go." 

He smiled as he embraced me once again, kissing the top of my head, actually pleased with the answer as he respected that I needed some much time.

--g--

Monday finally came. They day I feared most the past hours. Clocks were ticking, the sound each and every time reminding me how closer it was. And now that I finally was at my school, I knew that there was no way I could skip classes and ignore a teacher. 

People tend to get suspicious easier lately.

The whole day went at the same quick pace, classes that I wanted to be longer, were incredibly short. Hanna tried talking to me, not that it ever worked. I ignored the woman that tried to make conversation, telling her I was busy, or just thinking about loads of things that I couldn't forget.

I did feel a little guilty, even if she was my best friends, I never told her about my relationship with Martinus, so, why am I ignoring the woman who never knew what was going on in the first place?

She asked me multiple times what was wrong, and obviously I couldn't answer that question. The bell finally rang once more, and the time came to face Martinus again. 

He paced into the classroom and he looked awful. Did he actually feel bad for what happened? He has no reason, he should have thought about it in the first place! The cheating son of a b*tch.

The bags under his eyes and the growing scruff on his face, told everyone in the room that he wasn't feeling well. He opened his mouth, ready to speak but waited a moment when our eyes met. I looked away as he spoke whilst looking directly into my eyes.

"Hello class, sit down and take your books on page 67. Make the exercises and don't make a sound while you are at it."

30 minutes into class and everyone was still silent, all were shocked with his appearance of the day. 

"Miss (l/n), could we have a word outside please?" Martinus asked like any teacher would normally do. 

"I not nearly being done with th-" I spoke as he interrupted me. "Please miss (l/n), I don't want to go to the principal with you." He said to me. "Fine." I sighed when I answerd him. We walked out of the classroom, thinking that he would tell me that he would want me back but then he did something I didn't wanted to happen...