Dealing with Consequences

Three days after seeing him close with another man, Sky saw Prapai again.

The racer had no idea that Sky was upset with him and no longer feeling secure in their relationship. However, when they met Prapai could sense something was wrong with Sky.

"Is everything okay, my Sky?"

"What are we, P'Pai?"

"What do you mean? I thought you agreed the other night to be mine."

"But are you mine?"

"Huh? Of course! I have always been yours. Are you doubting that? What have I done to make you feel this way? I will do whatever it takes to make sure you never doubt my feelings for you."

"At the party."

"Party?"

"I saw you. With him."

"What? With whom?"

"He was all over you, and you had your arm around him."

"Huh? That's not - oh. No, Sky, you see... he was an old partner who had trouble believing that I had settled down, but I told him in no uncertain terms that nothing would ever happen between us again. I promise. Nothing happened."

"Why do I believe you?"

"Because you love me, just like I love you."

"I'm sorry... I love you, P'Pai."

They held each other for a while.

"Do you feel better now?"

"Yes, but there's something else."

"What is it? What have I done?"

"Nothing. It's something I did. After you dropped me off after the party, I felt so bad that I didn't want to be alone, so I went to Rena's."

"Okay, there's nothing wrong with that."

"I kissed her."

"Wow, Sky. You didn't wait long. I feel cheated, it took months for me to get a kiss from you."

"Don't joke, P'Pai! Now she thinks I'm cheating on you, I don't really have feelings for her, and if I do then it means that she was my second choice."

"Ah, that's not good. Didn't you tell her about all three of us being together?"

"No... she didn't give me a chance."

"Do you think she'll go for it?"

"I was sure she would, before, but now I don't know."

There was a pause while they both tried to imagine what Rena would say when they told her.

"I still can't believe that you kissed her."

"I'm sorry."

"No, it's okay, I'm not mad. I just thought that I would be the one to kiss her first."

"P'Pai!"

They spent some time discussing how to approach Rena. Whether to go one at a time or both together, Prapai first or Sky, immediately confess or gain her trust back first.

The next day they were both waiting outside Rena's last class.

She looked very surprised when she saw them both standing there. So surprised that her steps paused for a moment before she walked over to them.

"P'Pai, Sky, hello."

"We need to talk."

Sky elbowed Prapai.

"Don't say it like that! We have something to tell you, will you come with us?"

Rena looked between Sky and Prapai before nodding.

"Okay."

"Do you mind if we go to my apartment? This isn't a conversation to have in public. Or we can go to yours, or Prapai's. Wherever you would feel most comfortable."

"Sky's apartment."

Rena followed them to Prapai's car, and the racer held her door open for her causing her to give him a strange look and Sky held back a snort. He shook his head at Prapai who pouted in response and whispered to himself.

"Why won't anyone appreciate my gentlemanly ways?"