Chapter Twenty six

*Nuggets Championship and Dress Rehearsal*

Denver Colorado,
8:30pm,

The fans were cheering that the Nuggets had won the championship in 47 years as Maxine was running to his mother and father. "Mommy, daddy you did it," Maxine jumps right in to her mother's arms and Mike holds her while Nikola Jokic holds Nyla in his arms. Yet, most of the fans were very excited and they watched the two kids being on the court. At the press conference, the reporters had been awestruck by the two Porter-Jokic kids. Yet, they were having so much fun and the kids were very happy that the Nuggets won the championship.

In the postgame interviews,

Maxine sits down on Mike's lap and watches the reporters. Usually, Mike takes Maxine and Nyla to the postgame press, but tends to fall asleep. Since being a rookie, athlete and a mother to his two girls. Although, Mike is planning to add another addition to the family knowing that they're going to have another baby.

Nikola joins in on how they managed to help the Nuggets win the championship together and of course, Maxine and Nyla were so happy that their parents were there. "Your kids are so adorable," The reporter smiled. "Thank you so much," Mike replied. Next, the kids had to stay at their aunt's house with Jontay and Cierra. Thus, the kids can watch their parents attending the championship parade alongside Jevon, Jayda, Bri and their grandparents. Thus, Nikola can take Mike to Serbia with the kids to celebrate the championship altogether. Yet, most of Nikola Jokic's fans were very excited to see his fiancee and the two girls. Even Nikola's aunt as well. They decided to stay in Serbia for 1 week before going back to Mike's hometown in Columbia. The fans were so excited to see the two girls. Although, Mike is still on a mother mode because he had to protect his two girls from being bumped on by the horde of fans and of course Mike gave birth to them. Thankfully, they have bodyguards so that the fans don't get too close to them and they can see the two girls just to wave. In the meantime, the fans asked if Mike is going to be pregnant again after the wedding and he replied with yes since they were thinking of adding another addition to a family. The kids stayed with their grandparents while Mike and Nikola were at the championship parade after lunch around 1pm.

Although, Nikola's family members came to see the two girls and saw their familiar faces. "Maxine looks a lot like her father and Nyla has her mom's facial features," Nikola's aunt said. "I know right?" Mike replied. "I mean I wouldn't trade them for anything in this world," They went out to dinner at the steakhouse especially when they were very proud of their team in the NBA for making the Championship happen in 2023.

Columbia, MO
4:30pm,

The next day, Maxine and Nyla were still with their grandmother Mrs. Porter as Maxine was telling her grandmother that her mom is getting ready for the dress rehearsal. "Grandma Lisa, I can't wait to see Mommy," "I know and your mommy will look lovely in that dress," Mrs. Porter said. Yet, they were getting ready for the dress dinner rehearsal. In fact, they were at the venue which is located near downtown at her mother's hometown in Columbia and yet, Maxine was excited to see her Mommy Mike on the dress rehearsal. The dress rehearsal had began with Mike and Nikola being seated together as the rest of Mike and Nikola's family members came all the way from Serbia to watch the rehearsal. However, PJ Dozier was seated on the table in which it made Mike become more suspicious because Nikola cheated on him before when Mike was pregnant with Maxine.

Before the dress rehearsal had begun, PJ went to Nikola and said. "Oh hey there Nikola, how's everything going?" "It's been good," He replied. "Besides, I'm getting ready for the rehearsal since Mike is going to be the Jokic," "Oh that Michael Porter Jr? You never told me he was going to be your wife," "Look, I don't want any trouble," Nikola and PJ had talked while Mike was at the corner alongside his two daughters. Mike held Nyla while trying to listen to what Nikola and PJ were saying and Maxine knew Nikola wasn't like that before.

Maxine: Mommy, is everything ok? Why is the person talking to daddy?

Michael Porter Jr: Everything is fine baby, I don't know what happened, but I wish the person would leave your dad alone.

Maxine: Ok 😐

15 minutes later,

Nikola went to tell Mike about what happened and they decided to talk somewhere else in private. "Maxine and Nyla, I'll have a talk with your dad," "Okay Mommy," Maxine nods. Jontay takes his two nieces with him to give some time for their parents to talk.

Nikola Jokic: Mike, what's the matter? Why do you look so suspicious?

Michael Porter Jr: let me guess? Are you trying to cheat on me with PJ Dozier?

Nikola Jokic: what? How do you know?

Michael Porter Jr: Because I overheard the conversation between you and him.

Nikola Jokic: Mike it's not like that.

Michael Porter Jr: I can't believe you babe! 😓😤

Nikola Jokic: I'm sorry honey, I really do.

His two brothers asked Nikola what was going on and he was telling them that he may have hurt Mike's feelings. "I'm sorry, I didn't know what was going on," "Well you're sorry that you nearly cheated on Mike," Strahinja continued. "Why don't you have a talk with your fiancée?" Nikola nods and went to the bathroom.

Nikola Jokic: Mike? Mike?

Michael Porter Jr: Can you please leave me alone?

Nikola Jokic: Mike, please I can explain.

Michael Porter Jr: what is it that you want to explain? You cheated on me when I was pregnant with Maxine and couple years later, you still do that?

Nikola Jokic: Mike please, I didn't know all of that. Just come out of the bathroom and talk to me.

Mike came out and heard what his fiancé had to tell him that he loves him and he plans on never to talk to PJ again. Even for the sake of his two daughters with Mike, he knew he wanted to be a family again. They came out of the bathroom to have a talk and then the dress rehearsal had started. Maxine and Nyla were very happy that her parents got back together before they ended their relationship. They were walking around the park trails in which it was surrounded by nothing but the roses and the winery. Especially the outskirts with cafes, boutiques and other restaurants in Columbia, Missouri. Supposedly, Mike and Nikola should be there in the dress rehearsal in which they made it without any problems.

After the dress rehearsal,

They stayed at the hotel while Maxine and Nyla were staying home with their grandparents. However, Mike and Nikola were seen cuddling together in bed. "Gosh babe! You're so hot!" Mike lets out his breath. Nikola removes Mike's semi formal dress that showed his satin nightgown. "Did I go too hard on you Mike?" "No not at all babe," Mike replied to Nikola. In the meantime, Mike was letting Nikola know that he will follow him in every step of the way.

Nikola Jokic: Mike, you do know you don't need be too persuasive when it comes to being with you.

Mike locks his eyes on him and placed his hands on his cheek.

Michael Porter Jr: Oh really? Is that how you can play my feelings because I really don't like being played on. That's why I decided to teach you a lesson so that you won't make the same mistake again.

Nikola Jokic: Okay Mike you're going way too far.

Michael Porter Jr: Sorry.

They decided to rest up before they continued the rehearsal once again. 1 weeks before the wedding, Jontay made an announcement that he and Nemanja were expecting another baby. Mike and Nikola gave him a hug. It was exciting for the Porter and Jokic family that Jontay is expecting a second child.