Chapter Fifteen

*Michael Porter Jr and Nikola Jokic Baby no.2*
Denver, Colorado,
6:30am,

Mike and Nikola were having breakfast at the dining table when Mike started to feel sick. "You okay there babe?" Nikola asked. "I'm fine, I must've eaten something bad," Mike replied running to the bathroom to start vomiting. In fact, it wasn't the food that made him sick. Whenever when they go to the specific supermarkets, the smell of the meat and vegetables made him sick especially when it comes to going to the Korean groceries etc. even Walmart and Safeway. There were times when Mike was at the practice, he was telling his coach that he had been exercising and doing the diet regularly then he felt nauseous and dizzy. He would run outside of the practice and vomits. Michael Malone knew anything about Mike's morning sickness and suggested for him to take the pregnancy test. Well of course, Maxine would know that her mommy may have eaten something bad despite of her being one year old. When Mike took the pregnancy test, it turns out that it was positive and they went to the clinic to confirm with the nurse.

Nurse: Congratulations! Michael Porter Jr. You're on your six weeks of pregnancy.

Mike was surprised that he was expecting another baby with Nikola while Jontay was holding Maxine in his arms.

Nikola Jokic: We're having another baby Mike.

Michael Porter Jr: I know right? And I'm so happy.

When they got back from the clinic,

Mike and Nikola were playing with their daughter Maxine. "Did you know your Mommy is going to have another baby?" Mike was talking to his one year old daughter. She was letting out a giggle. Excited that Mike and Nikola are adding another addition to their family. "Which means you're going to be a big sister," Nikola made an announcement on his social media platform and captioned: MPJ and I made an announcement that we are adding another addition to our family and it said: Porter-Jokic coming March 2022. 🍼👶

Maxine was photographed alongside Mike and her dad Nikola. "Mommy's going to have another baby Maxie-poo?" Mike said playing with Maxine that was letting out a giggle and squealing just like what the baby would always do.

*Maxine's first trip to Serbia*
Belgrade, Serbia
8:00am,

Mike and Nikola took their one year old daughter to Serbia to see the Jokic family get to know their little girl. Nikola's aunt was excited to see Maxine. "Oh my goodness, what a lovely surprise! Is that Maxine?" "Yes Auntie it's her," Mike replied. "Maxie poo you're growing up so fast," Nikola's aunt started holding her.

Nikola's Aunt: so Mike, are you expecting another baby?

Michael Porter Jr: Yes Auntie I am.

Nikola Jokic's aunt: Oh my! I hope it's going to be another girl.

Michael Porter Jr: you never know auntie.

Nikola Jokic's aunt: and congratulations!

Michael Porter Jr: thanks Auntie.

The Jokic family were bonding with Maxine while Nikola was catching up with one of his old school friends that he met when he attended the grade school together and Mike is keeping an eye on Maxine. Well of course, Maxine loved to be around the family members, but there were times Mike wanted to hold her and protect her since Maxine is not getting used to any unfamiliar surroundings yet and would cry.

At first, Maxine lets out a cry and Mike had to hold her. "I know Maxie poo I know," Mike rocked her gently. "You're not used to it, hm?" He gets up from the chair to get her to relax. "Everything okay?" Strahinja asked. "Everything is fine," Mike answered. "She's just sleepy that's all," He knows that Maxine was very upset and she needed a nap.