Chapter Three

*Meeting the Jokic family*

Paris, France,
6:30am,

Mike slept on Nikola's chest as he wakes up in the morning to finish packing for the trip to Sombor to meet the Jokic family. He rubbed his eyes from his sleep as he puts on a sundress. "Ugh, sounds like Nikola is having one of his night fits again, I'm going to lay in bed," He snuggles up on the sheet of blankets when he saw Nikola waking up to the scent of Mike being next to him. "Morning Mikey," He smiles. "Good morning Nikola," Mike responded back. "Ready to meet my family hon?" Mike nods. "I'm ready," He said. "Ok love, let's pack up for Serbia," They started packing up for Serbia trip to meet up with the family. Foremost, Mike would be preparing himself to have the opportunity to meet the Jokic family and the extended family members and Nikola will be the first one to stay by his side.

When they checked out at the hotel and made sure that they didn't leave their belongings behind, they were checking in at the airport before boarding the flight. Once again, Mike is seated next to him and Nikola placed his hand on top of Mike's hand. He may have been a bit nervous to meet the extended family, but Nikola knows that everything will be just fine. Somehow, the flight takes 2 hours for them to arrive. When the plane landed in Serbia, they were waiting until they were given a go signal to collect their luggages. They arrived at the airport in Belgrade as the Jokic brothers helped them out. Yet, Mike goes with him at Nikola's hometown to get some rest before meeting up with the family members.

2 hours later,

Mike goes to the restaurant with Nikola where he would meet with Nikola's family members. "I'm Branislav Jokic, Nikola's father and nice to meet you," He said shaking Mike's hands. The family had welcomed him to their hometown in Sombor as they gathered along. Yet, Nikola showed him around with the love of the horses and all that stuff. "You know Mike, we have lots of stuff and activities we do in Sombor and we were hoping you'll come join us for fun and we think you'd like it here," It got to the point that Mike would be joining the family for the gathering. "Uh yes, that would be wonderful! I'd love to join the family," "Great! Because we know you and Nikola are getting along with each other and don't forget to let us know if you're planning to get married to him," Nikola smiled knowing that his family would want him to marry Mike.

Michael Porter Jr POV:

Nikola's family were very welcoming especially when I introduced myself to them. Thus, they were very kind to me knowing that I planned to join the family for the get together. However, I don't know if my family would accept it because they noticed that I was too young to date someone, but my mom and dad said that it was alright that I joined the family. Somehow, my mom and dad's side of the families didn't like the idea of me joining Nikola's family. I mean what if I planned to start a family on my own because Nikola wanted to be a father and he wanted me to be a mom? I had to figure out what my next step is going to be.

Next, Nikola shows him the horses at the ranch in Sombor along with Nemanja and Strahinja. In fact, he was so impressed by how the horse would do any type of training and tricks. Mike sat down on the bench watching the horse race while Nikola moves closer to him and enjoyed the show together. When his extended family members saw how much Nikola wanted for Mike to spend time with him together, his family wanted him to spend the majority taking the relationship on a whole new level. Somehow, one of Mike's Grandaunt's and Uncles were not very happy with the relationship that he and Nikola had shared and Mike's parents got mad at them for it.

During the family get together,

Mike started to feel the sense of dread when it comes to his own family members who didn't like the idea of him dating a Serbian NBA player. "Mikey, are you okay?" Nikola's aunt asked. "Oh I'm fine, it's just that... someone from my circle didn't want me to date anyone. Is it okay if I need to use the bathroom," "Sure dear go for it," Mike walks to the bathroom at the banquet Hall in Belgrade, Serbia where he would pretend that he was doing his makeup on. However, there was an awkward silence when he knew in this moment that the family members of his disapproved Mike's idea of him having to date the Teammate.

Nemanja Jokic: Nikola, jesi li video Majkla Portera mlađeg? (Nikola, have you seen Michael Porter Jr?)

Nikola Jokic Ne, nisam ga video. Šta se desilo? (No I haven't seen him. what happened?)

Nemanja Jokic: Video sam ga kako izlazi iz trpezarije da ode u kupatilo. (I saw him stepping out of the dining hall to go to the bathroom.)

Nikola Jokic: Michael Porter Jr? Shoot. I need to look for him.

Nikola goes to the men's restroom where he would see Mike standing in the mirror. "Mikey, what's wrong?" He noticed the eyeliner was smearing on his face. "It's just that my family members don't like the idea of me dating you," "Mikey, look at me. You don't have to listen to them, they're just being a sucker. I'll clean you up and we'll continue the party together," "Thanks Nikola, I don't know what I would do without you," He smiled.

Later on, Mike joined the rest of the Jokic family as they were worried about him. "Mikey, we were so worried for you. What happened?" "Oh it's nothing, it's just that the family members of mine were disapproving the relationship," "You're good Mikey, we'll talk to them for you okay? We'll tell them Mike is a good person and Nikola has the right to date him no matter what? Who cares if they're going to get married," He laughed and continued their get together. "So Mike," Nikola's aunt came to talk to him as she placed her hand on his flat belly. "When are you going to start a family with him?" "In a next few weeks or next two years," He replied.

Nikola's Aunt: I see. Mom had told me you and Nikola Jokic should start a family.

Michael Porter Jr: I know but I'll slow things down for now.

Nikola's Aunt: No worries, take your time.

After the gathering, Mike and Nikola went home to the house and called it a night.

Michael Porter Jr POV:

My night with Nikola Jokic and his family has been a wonderful experience despite of my family members being upset with me that I dated him. Although, it made me feel at ease knowing that Nikola's family will talk to them for me. That's how I was welcomed to their circle.

Nikola Jokic POV:

It was a wonderful night with Mike and I made sure that everything was alright. I can't believe Mike's family members would do such an awful thing. Michael Porter Jr is the love of my life and I would do anything for him to be my wife and a mother to my children. I know it may be too early for me to start a family but I wanted to make sure that everything is going to be fine.