Chapter Nine

*Jontay Porter and Nemanja Jokic Wedding*
Michael Porter Jr.- 8 months and 38 weeks pregnant.

Michael Porter Jr POV:

Attending the wedding of my brother while at 38 weeks of pregnancy? Hahaha no problem. As long as I don't worry about any impending contractions and the labor being few days away, but in the meantime, it's best to be prepared since my sister Cierra prepared the supplies for the baby just in case I might go in labor. Although, I checked with my doctor and my OB/GYN that it was fine for me to attend the wedding. In fact, my due date is 1 week away, so I think the baby can wait that much.

His mother came to Mike as he was preparing to put on a dress. Somehow, the zipper was stuck. "Fudge! I look fat in that dress," Mike should've known that he needed another size. "Ma how am I going to get my body back?" He asked. "It's okay Mike, you'll get your own body back to its normal shape after the birth of your baby," Mrs. Porter smiles. "I'll help you with the zipper," She zipped the back of the dress that he bought from Macy's. "Thanks Mom," He said. "No problem Mike," His mom leaves the dressing room while Mike frowns knowing that the dress that he wore on Valentine's Day at the dance hall didn't fit causing the zipper on the back to get stuck.

Michael Porter Jr: I should've not bought that stupid dress 😒.

Nikola Jokic: you ready babe?

Michael Porter Jr: Yes.

Nikola Jokic: wow, you look beautiful in that dress.

Michael Porter Jr: Thanks love.

Nikola Jokic: you're welcome.

They were at the chapel watching his brother walking on the aisle. Mike was seated next to Nikola watching his brother marry to Nikola's brother Nemanja. Mike watches his brother walk in the aisle as he was tearing up at the sight of him and Nemanja getting married. Yet, it was a good thing Mike didn't have to deal with Coban being the bossy one and Mike told him off. During the wedding ceremony, the baby started to kick inside Mike's belly.

Michael Porter Jr: oof!

Nikola Jokic: you okay Mike?

Michael Porter: I'm fine, she just kicked.

Nikola Jokic: Oh my. Hopefully you don't go in labor early.

Michael Porter Jr: God! I hope not 😵😆. I don't want to go in labor in the middle of my brother's wedding.

Nikola Jokic: I mean I know it is Jontay and Nemanja's wedding.

Michael Porter Jr: Right? In that case I would've made the choice not to attend the wedding at my 38 weeks of pregnancy.

Nikola Jokic: I know.

Michael Porter Jr: but we had to since I didn't want to miss Jontay's special day before the baby comes out.

Nikola Jokic: Yep.

Michael Porter Jr: why do I even bother coming to the darn events especially when there is another one coming up?

Nikola Jokic: not sure love.

Michael Porter Jr: If I remember correctly, I had a friend of mine that was 8 months pregnant that attended the wedding of her sister and I was like: now I know what it was like on the same page with this person.

Nikola Jokic: that makes sense.

Michael Porter Jr: and same thing with the person from our team that went through the same scenario.