Chapter Eleven

*Welcome Home*
Denver, Colorado,
10:00am,

Mike was discharged from the hospital with the newborn baby girl in his arms. Everyone in the family surprised the couple with the welcome home party. "How are you feeling Mike?" His father asked him. "I've been better dad," He answered. "Got to admit the labor was so tough, but the delivery was a success," "I see," Mr. Porter said. Even the siblings came to get to know Maxine. However, she would be screaming in a second and Mike had to go there to get her to calm down. "You're fine Maxine, mommy's got you," Mike cradles her gently. After welcoming them home, Mike and Nikola went upstairs to bond with their newborn daughter.

Michael Porter Jr: you must be tired babe, go get some rest, I can handle it from here.

Nikola hands Maxine to Mike. She was soundly asleep on her mother's chest as Jontay comes in quietly to help him with the baby. "Mike, you and Nikola will get some rest. I'll handle Maxine for you," Jontay suggested. He takes care of them while the parents are resting after their 3 nights at the hospital. Hence, Mike and Nikola were both exhausted, so Jontay had to watch her instead. The siblings including Bri and Cierra came in as well.

*Maxine 2 months old*

It was 8am in the morning as Mike was heading downstairs when he heard Maxine crying for her mother. Well you heard it right, Maxine is attached to her mother since birth. "What's wrong Maxie-poo? What happened?" Nikola cradles the 2 month old baby girl in his arms. "It's okay, mommy will be here, he just needs to get ready so we can go out together ok?" "I can handle it from here babe," Mike goes to the kitchen to hold her. "It's alright, mommy's here," Mike comforts her. They sat on the table eating breakfast while he is nursing her. "She's hungry that's why," Mike reminded him. (I could picture them with their baby together 🥺) "Perhaps, she gets to take after her mommy Mike," Nikola teases.

Maxine was 7 pounds at birth and Mike didn't think she was heavy compared to her mom's pregnant belly. It felt like yesterday when Mike knew she was not coming out of the body.

Michael Porter Jr: don't remind me, I had the worst experience with my labor.

Nikola Jokic: I remember that, you were in so much pain that you had to hold on to my wrists knowing that it was excruciatingly painful.

Michael Porter Jr: right! And even the shoulders were stuck near my pelvis, I was crying my head off.

Nikola Jokic: I know that honey, but I wouldn't trade our Maxine for anything in this world.

Michael Porter Jr: yep 😁.

Nikola Jokic: Not only that, I was rubbing your hands to make sure you weren't having a hard time because I know for a fact she was not coming out.

Michael Porter Jr: I know that. Oh and that reminds me, even when Maxine is around, they were asking me if you and me are going to have another baby again, I'd say yes.

Nikola Jokic: yep.

Michael Porter Jr: other than that, let's have Maxine play with us first then we can add another sibling for her to play with.

Nikola Jokic: sounds like a good plan.

Michael Porter Jr: Hopefully it's not as painful as I had Maxine otherwise, I'm going to be screaming my head off 😣😆.

Nikola Jokic: It's okay honey, it will be alright.

Next, they went to the shopping center at the mall and his teammates including Jamal Murray and the rest came to see them. "Is that the baby girl?" Jamal asks. "Yes," Mike said. "Oh my goodness! Hi Maxine, I'm your auntie Jamal," He greeted her. Everyone was coming to greet the new family member on the team, even Michael Malone as well. Although, Nikola is heading back to the game and Mike is still sidelined since he still has to take Maxine with him. Somehow, Jontay wanted to look after her when her mommy plans to return to the game. Since they couldn't find the babysitters nearby, Bri and Cierra will look after her while her mom is on the road games. At this time, it is Mike who will look after the baby.

Maxine- 4 months old

Nikola returns to the game after being away from the tournament to attend the birth of his first child from his teammate Mike as Mike goes to the Denver Nuggets game with their daughter Maxine. Yet, Michael Malone bonds with her since their head coach is a father himself. "How are you doing so far since the birth of your daughter?" Michael Malone wonders. "Coach it hurts like crazy," Mike said laughing his head off. "I was worried because she wasn't coming out," "It happens Mike, I mean your baby was heavy compared to your baby bump," He assured. "If anything happens, I can look after Maxine while you have plans to return to the game," "I see," He said.

Jontay Porter, the brother of Michael Porter Jr comes to him. "It's okay Mike, I'll look after Maxine for you," Mike hands Maxine to Jontay but she cries when Jontay holds her. "It's okay, Mike and I are here," "Actually, she wants to go to her mommy," He handed her back to Mike. "Always mommy's girl aye?" Jontay teases.

Michael Porter Jr POV:

My fiancé Nikola Jokic returned to the game while I'm still sidelined for the sake of my 4 month old daughter because I have to be with her at all times and I always take her with me whenever Nikola and I have gone to any road trips etc. Although, I can plan to return to the game whenever I'm ready, but for now. Me and Maxine will be at home, so my mom is coming over to my house to help me with her needs.