Chapter Twenty One

*The first months with the baby*
Denver, Colorado
8:00am,

Nyla One month old,

Mike had seen the morning routine on YouTube on how he could accommodate his morning routine with the baby and yet, Maxine can learn how to do things on her own. Usually, Maxine helps her mom with the baby sister like changing the diapers and all that stuff. Even when Nikola Jokic, the father of the two kids goes to the game. Somehow, his teammates would love to see the other baby and Maxine. "I want to see Auntie Jamal," Maxine said. Instead, Mike goes to the Denver Nuggets practice facility with the help from his brother Jevon Porter. (Jevon Porter isn't dating anyone in the chapter at the moment so I'm making him the auntie and uncle to Mike and Jontay's kids.) Yet, Jontay Porter was there with Mike and the girls.

"Auntie Jamal, Auntie Jamal," Maxine goes to Jamal Murray, his teammate. "Hi there little Maxie," Jamal holds her. "Let's bond together," Mike lets Jamal play with Maxine while Michael Malone goes to him and sees the baby. "Is that Nyla?" The head coach asks. "Yes," Mike replied. "Let me hold her," Mike hands the baby to the head coach as he looks at the face of Nyla. She looked a lot like her mom because she has her mother's facial features. Well of course if you could picture it in your mind when Brooke and Seraphine were the only ones that helped Mike and Jontay with the birth of their babies. Although, the Porter brothers including Mike and Jontay do have the most painful births.

When Mike had Maxine, Maxine was weighing around 7 lbs 16 oz. Was heavier compared to his brother Jontay's first baby.

Jontay Porter's baby Janica weighed around 7 lbs 13 oz.

However, there was a baby that was a bit bigger than Maxine and Janica. It was Nyla that weighed 8 lbs and 10 ounces.

Jontay Porter: Apparently, Mike had boba milk teas during his pregnancy with Nyla. Even the sweets and the food that we were eating when you were pregnant.

Michael Porter Jr: Oh yeah? I've been craving for sweets that's for sure.

Jontay Porter: I mean that scared the wind out of us because Mom wouldn't want us to end up with a nine pound baby.

(If you read the Jamal and Nikola fanfics, Jamal was the one that had the nine pound baby on the Love in Serbia and also some other fanfics where most of the characters on NBA ships had given birth to their babies that weighed at 9 pounds.)

Michael Porter Jr: it felt like my pelvis was splitting apart when I had been pushing for 1-2 hours and nothing was coming out and all I have to do was scream because it hurts like hell.

Jontay Porter: I feel you Mike.

Michael Porter Jr: that's why I tried the hardest to keep going until she came out of me.

Jontay Porter: Wow.

Michael Porter Jr: it would've been easier if Mom was still by my side since she was the one that kept me relaxed during birth.

Jontay Porter: I know, same here. She would always tell us to breathe in and breathe out and she would have us change positions just to help the baby to come out.

Michael Porter Jr: Right! And I regret not changing positions to help the baby to come out because I was on the hospital bed with my legs spread wide open.

Jontay Porter: Damn! Same here.

Michael Porter Jr: I meant to say it was so excruciating that I couldn't stop crying and I was holding on to Nikola's arms.

Jontay Porter I know the feeling 😩.

In fact, the two Porter brothers Mike and Jontay shared their experiences about their childbirth. Their experiences of giving birth to their babies.

Michael Porter Jr: you know what hurts the most? The crowning stage and shoulders

Jontay Porter: Oh God! I felt that too. I dealt with the same thing.

Michael Porter Jr: this is why I do have a fear of giving birth.

Jontay Porter: it's okay, I felt that too! But we'll get over it.

Michael Porter Jr: yep and the first thing you'll hear are the baby's cries when they were born, but it was worth the miracle though.

Jontay Porter: I agree.

Maxine: Mommy.

Mike goes to Maxine and Nyla as he was holding her in his arms. Nikola goes there to handle Maxine for Mike since Nyla is asleep in his arms.

3 weeks later,

Nikola goes on the road games while Mike stays with his two girls Maxine and Nyla. Although, Mike would feel like a single mother because his fiancé went on the road games since he and his fiancé both played for Denver Nuggets. Somehow, it got to the point that the cheating thing would come back to hit Mike when he was pregnant with Maxine. Mike knows he wouldn't let the cheating debacle bother him or else he would go on separate ways and be a single mother to his two girls. They decided to go to the mall to eat out as his mother drives them.

Mrs. Porter: So Mike, how was your labor with Nyla?

Michael Porter Jr: Oh mom, it hurts. It felt like my pelvis was splitting apart.

Mrs. Porter: Oh wow.

Michael Porter Jr: you should've kept me accompanied.

Mrs. Porter: I know, don't worry I'll try to go with you next time, so you won't have a hard time giving birth.

*******

They were at the food court when Mrs. Porter had seen the resemblance on Nyla's face. "Wow! She looks a lot like you," "Really?" Mike noticed the facial features on his daughter's face. "Oh yeah she looks a lot like me and her resemblance is similar to Jayda's," They ate out together before going to the other shops to buy clothes for Nyla and go to the park afterwards.

Maxine and Nyla had been bonding together as siblings and Mike sits down on the picnic mat. Mrs. Porter holds Nyla in her arms and cradled her. She knows that it was challenging for Mike to experience it as a mother but he was able to manage his own life with the kids by his side with the help from Nikola and his loved ones.