Chapter Twenty

*Coming home*
Denver, Colorado
8:00am,

Mike was discharged from the hospital with the baby in his arms. Jevon and Cierra had to keep him accompanied with the help from Nikola Jokic. Maxine was jumping up and down wanting to see her baby sister. Even the parents of Mike and Nikola came to get to know the other baby girl. Jayda, Bri and the rest of the Porter Siblings were there. His mother had asked how everything went with the other baby. Mike describes to his mother that he was having a hard time, but the delivery was a success amid the cord being wrapped around the neck (As seen and read on NBA family fanfics, Taekook etc.)

Not only that, Mike explained that he was holding on to Nikola's arms because the birth was so painful that he was unable to relax and the birthing was taking a toll on him. Somehow, when the baby's head was crowning, Mike had encountered something that hasn't happened before: The umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck. If it wasn't for the doctors, the other baby would've been dead and Mike would become devastated. Yet, when Nyla was born, Mike nearly passed out from exhaustion and opened his eyes, hearing the baby crying while being placed on top of Mike's belly. "It must've hurt isn't it?" Mike nodded. "Yes mom, it hurts," "It's okay and yes it's still going to be painful, you have to scream because it hurts," His mother replied. For the next few years or so either Mrs. Porter could accompany Mike or the sister if Mike is going to have the next baby and same goes for Jontay also. (I'm thinking the sister would be easier for Mike to have a smooth labor because she had to keep him relaxed.)

*Bonding with the baby*

Nikola and Mike were bonding with the baby alongside Nyla's sister Maxine. She was so happy to have a baby sister in the family. Maxine joins in to spend time with her sister along with her parents. "So what do you think of Coban reacting to you having another baby in the next few years?" Nikola asked. "Oh babe, he doesn't need to know. Besides, we have formed our family and the place is ours. Just for our little castle that we lived in," "Especially with this Princess right here," Nikola smiles. "I always love the sight of you, Nyla and Maxine resting together," "Just like when I held Maxine in my arms," It was worth the pain for Mike to have the best time with the baby. (Okay, I was listening to Joji's Glimpse of us in which I could picture Mike going in labor with Maxine and Nyla.) Mike was thrilled because it made him stronger than ever even when it hurts to give birth to his baby. With the shoulder dystocia and the umbilical cord wrapped around the neck, Mike knew he had to be careful.

Nikola holds his newborn in his arms while Mike is resting. Maxine was there to nap with her mommy. "Mommy, are you okay?" She went to him. "Mommy's fine," Mike said. "Just tired that's all," Nyla wakes up crying, indicating that she wanted to be breastfed. "She's hungry babe," Nikola hands the baby back to Mike and Mike starts feeding her. In fact, she would be fussy at times similar to what Maxine was right after Mike gave birth to her. Being a big sister to Nyla May have been a challenge for Maxine but she knows she could do it because she takes after her mother. Even when Mike was holding Nyla close to his bare chest, he expressed to Nikola about his fear of giving birth. "There's nothing to be afraid of Mike," Nikola said. "I know, it's very scary,"

Michael Porter Jr: if Coban knows that I gave birth, he will be more likely to become upset with me.

Nikola Jokic: it's okay Mike, you don't have to worry about him anymore.

Michael Porter Jr: but we have our two girls. They are our stress relievers.

Nikola Jokic: and our love story has been a great journey. Being a superstar for the Denver Nuggets and then a parents to our baby girls.

When Mike was pregnant with his first child, he felt safe in Nikola's arms and Nikola would rub Mike's baby bump in circles to feel the movement of their baby that was growing inside of him. Even when they were watching a movie in the living room he still does that to make Mike feel safe and comfortable.

Michael Porter Jr: you know when Maxine was inside my belly, she moves a lot. She is just like her mommy.

Nikola Jokic: I know, she is so active all the time.

Michael Porter Jr: and same goes for Nyla, she was like that also.

In case you may be wondering if Mike will have another baby again? He will expect another baby in 2023 and then he will be due in 2024. Although, there is no exact date on when Mike is going to be pregnant again. Thus, he was hoping that the baby will not be at eight or nine pounds since Mike has a fear of having a big baby during his childbirth.

Author's note:

In case you may be wondering about Mike's pregnancy, what would you recommend for Mike on what to eat and not to eat if he were to have the next baby in the chapter? What should Mike do to avoid having a heavy birth weight for his baby? Tell me what you think.