25- Pink Roses

"Go mingle," he was told.

"Go find your partner," he was told.

"Go be spontaneous and charming," he was told.

That was exactly how the future king of Valois found himself kissing a caterer of the party.

"Your Highness, you're going to get in trouble," she giggled as the man sucked on a part of her neck. "I don't believe we should be doing this."

"And you're absolutely right, Belle," a voice spoke, making the young caterer pull back, while Adrien rolled his eyes at their tone."Now, go back to your job. I'm sorry for our Prince's behavior."

"Yes, your Highness," Belle spoke, coming out of his embrace. She bent her knees subtly in a curtsy to the Queen before quickly moving past her and heading back to the part. "Thank you."

Adrien turned around and sent a look to his mom, sighing as he ran his hands through his tousled blonde hair. "I don't want to get married, Mom. Especially to all these stuck up, kiss up, annoying women."

Emilie sighed, coming forward to her son. "You're not required to get married, Adrien. I set up this event to hopefully push you towards the idea. I need someone to carry on the family after I'm gone. It's your job."

He scoffed, crossing his arms. "I can carry on the family without being married."

"Having a baby out of wedlock is one of our biggest sins, Adrien," his mother chuckled, placing both her hands on his face. "I know you don't even wanna be King, but your father died knowing you were gonna take his place. It's your job to make sure it's the truth."

His mother began to walk away, but as she turned the corner, a smirk formed on her lips. "And, please, don't hook up with the staff."

-----

He wandered around their castle, finding a way to avoid anyone he crosses paths with. Adrien was completely done: the ballroom downstairs was filled to the brim with annoying women, his mother kept pushing him to greet said women, and he didn't want to get married.

Marriage just.. wasn't something he wanted right now. He wanted to live his life to its fullest and didn't really want to be in a perm

Adrien found himself at the top of their palace, on the floor of the balcony and sighed. If anyone found him up here, he'd throw them off the-

"Oh-Oh. Hello." A voice stuttered in greeting.

He turned to see another woman and glared. "What the hell are you doing up here? Guests are not supposed to go past the second floor. I should have you banished."

It was harsh, yeah, but tonight was rough.

The woman's cheeks are covered in a red blush and her lips part but she gives him a single head nod. She scrambles to grab her things, and as she trips over her feet, notices a familiar gold and silver anklet shine on her right foot.

"Marinette Cheng?"

She looked up, looking into his now glowing green eyes as her bangs frame her face elegantly. "You know who I am?"

Adrien's breath was caught in his throat and suddenly it felt like Cupid's arrow had shot him down.

Her black hair was straightened, the layers cascading down her back as her bangs framed her face. Bright bluebell eyes stared in his forest green, her pink lips parted as she breathed slowly. Her dress was most definitely made of silk; the pastel pink material fit her like a glove, and the red highlights suited her so well.