7- Black Winged Angel

Felix remembers the first time he saw her like it was just yesterday. Claude had presented her to him with a bright smile on his face and a warm hand on her shoulder. "She's new here, so obviously we're going to kidnap her." With a critical eye he noticed how shy she looked but her smile, regardless of how small and reserved it was, seemed genuine. She watched how he and Claude interacted and immediately surmised that Felix was not one for physical contact; she respected his personal space as a consequence, and his respect for her increased. The most interesting thing about her, though, was her wings... or rather, her lack thereof.

Curiously, she bound them behind her back; tight enough that it almost seemed like she didn't have any. It was as well bound as Felix's own wings, something only achieved after doing it for a long time. It wasn't a surprise that she had made a similar observation, but Felix hadn't been expecting the sympathetic smile she offered.

Marinette fit in almost seamlessly with his group of what he reluctantly called friends. She was witty, charming, friendly, funny and kind. Even Felix could admit he liked her well enough; never out loud, of course. Their friendships formed effortlessly, but Felix could tell she put in effort anyways. Everyone took to her like glue, and she was rather grateful to them. In short, it seemed as though she genuinely cared for the four of them and that only made her more likeable.

Allegra would always be by her side with their arms linked together. Sometimes, she'd even have a canary wing wrapped around her. "I've been around you boys way too much, I need more girl time or I will go insane." That was what she would always say as an excuse, though Claude had a theory it was because Marinette was seemingly cute 'like a little bug.'

Claude, the group's bluejay, would flirt with her constantly and she would flirt back. Felix almost thought the two were dating, but one day Claude was whining to her about the cute boy from the bakery. Felix felt concerned that Marinette would feel offended by Claude's infidelity, but she only smiled and promised to be a good wingman. Allan later had to explain to a very confused Felix that sometimes people flirt without putting any meaning behind it.

Allan, a mockingbird, didn't constantly drag Marinette around with him like Allegra did, and he didn't flirt callously like Claude; he would always talk to her though. Their friendship was easy going, and only really sparked when Allan realized Marinette's work was featured in a Jagged Stone album. He hasn't stopped talking to her since. Jagged is his favorite musician after all. She'd promised them all tickets to his next concert, which only made Allan like her even more. Felix could only roll his eyes and repress the smile that threatened to show.

As for her relationship with Felix himself, well, it was rather nice. She was friendly, as previously mentioned, but she didn't invade his personal space like Claude. She was opinionated, but she didn't argue loudly or as enthusiastically as Allegra. She was sarcastic, but always in jest and never quite as provocative as Allan. Even though she was impossibly clumsy, she was still somehow graceful in her own way. Marinette somehow ended up in most of Felix's classes, and so he offered her the seat next to him. She smiled gratefully towards him, and quietly joined him. She sometimes started conversations, but never when he was focused. She never interrupted him when he spoke, choosing instead to give him her undivided attention. Most importantly, she never asked about his wings.

He would easily admit to being curious about Marinette's own set of hidden wings. It was common for some people to hide their wings for one reason or another, but oftentimes they would only hide it while they weren't in use. Marinette always kept hers hidden, regardless of the situation. Claude had asked her if she would like to fly with them, but she declined. Because of this, she ended up accompanying Felix on his walk; he didn't mind it as much as he thought he would. It would seem that, just like Felix, she was adamant about others not seeing her wings. He wanted to ask her why, and could only assume she wanted to ask the same of him; but she never once brought it up, so neither would he.