21-Love at First Stab

Marinette let out a huff of exhaustion as the last guy went down. She grabbed his knife, giving him one last kick to the groin for the trouble. She was already having a bad day before these jerks showed up and tried to kidnap her. She was about to tie them all up and call the police to take care of them when she heard the crunch of pavement behind her. Had she missed one hiding in the shadows?

"Hey-" a voice behind her sounded out.

Marinette didn't wait for them to finish. She whipped around, and promptly stabbed them in the stomach with the knife she was still holding. There was a small grunt as the knife trajectory went off a bit, almost as if it had hit something solid instead. She hadn't aimed for a bone though – that shouldn't have happened...

Then she looked up.

In front of her was a pair of bright blue eyes and black hair. He was looking down at her incredulously.

"Oh gosh – I'm so sorry!" she panicked, removing the knife from the hole in his shirt. "I can take you to the hos...pi...tal..."

The knife was bent at the hilt. There was no blood on it.

She glanced again at the face in front of her. It was now cringing – as if the knife itself and the fact that she failed was the problem rather than the fact that she had tried to stab him.

"I can explain," he started.

"Superboy – or is it Superman now?" she blurted out. There really was no other explanation. Plus, he had no disguise. It was a miracle the whole world didn't know who he was.

Super-whatever started to panic as his identity was outed. Then the sound of someone laughing reached her ears.

"Shut up Damian!" the now outed hero whined. Whined. Superman was whining.

"Miss, that was the best thing I have ever seen," the man named Damian said as he came up to them. He had apparently been tying up the men she had taken care of earlier. Was he actually praising her for stabbing his friend? "Was this your handiwork as well?" His voice indicated a level of praise to it.

"Yeah. They were saying something about me fetching a good price," she tried to defend herself.

"Hmm, well then we had better make sure to keep you safe," Damian reasoned with her. Superboy? (she really needed him to clarify which name he wanted to use) looked like someone had just dumped water on his head. Or stabbed him. Actually, he looked less shocked with the stabbing than the man in front of him being nice to her.

"Sure..." the super replied. "We can watch over you..." he agreed hesitantly with his friend. Wait. His friend. Superboy was known to be best friends with Robin...

Ah hell. Damian was Robin.

"Well with Superman and Robin looking after me, I'm sure I'll be safe," she decided to go along with it. Damian had the best smirk of a smile she had ever seen. And she was a sucker for green eyes. Superman wasn't exactly hard on the eyes either.

Damian flinched as he realised his identity was outed as well. "Kent!"

Kent groaned. "Jon Kent, at your service." He did a mock bow. He had somehow messed this up for both of them. He may as well own it.

"As in Lois Lane-Kent and Clark Kent?" Marinette asked. Alya was going to flip when she heard she knew the Kent reporters' kid. He was making a name for himself these days too.

"That's the one," Jon cringed. He and Damian had just outed his whole family.

"Let's just take her to the manor before any more secrets decide to come out with your big mouth," Damian chided.